Not losing...help!

Alright, so I'm starting to wonder what's going on w/ my weight loss. I am avid about staying w/in calories everyday and am typically under, and I workout 6+ times a week. I have my settings set up to lose 1.5 lbs each week, and in the last month I have only lost 1.4 lbs. What's happening?
Too mush strength/toning, not enough cardio? My clothes aren't fitting much different either.
Not eating enough calories? Not eating the right kind of calories? I don't eat junky processed foods and I'd like to think it's well balanced.
I need some advice b/c I'm getting really frustrated!!

Replies

• pudgypie
    pudgypie Posts: 83 Member
    Are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    I don't know what you weigh currently, or how much you have to lose....if you are already at a healthy body weight and just want to lose a little, 1.5 lb per week may not be the best setting for you. I am basically trying to maintain at this point, maybe lose at the most 5 lb, and what works for me is a setting at .5 lb per week. When I tried for more, I didn't lose anything.

IMO, strength training is the best thing for weight loss, so I doubt you are doing too much of that.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Alright, so I'm starting to wonder what's going on w/ my weight loss. I am avid about staying w/in calories everyday and am typically under, and I workout 6+ times a week. I have my settings set up to lose 1.5 lbs each week, and in the last month I have only lost 1.4 lbs. What's happening?
    Too mush strength/toning, not enough cardio? My clothes aren't fitting much different either.
    Not eating enough calories? Not eating the right kind of calories? I don't eat junky processed foods and I'd like to think it's well balanced.

Strength training is good...too much cardio is NOT the answer. Your diet is most likely the culprit. Going under in your calorie goal is not beneficial, provided you started with good numbers.

Are you new to weightlifting? What type of program are you doing?
  • merithj
    merithj Posts: 11 Member
    Not always, but I eat at least part of them.
  • merithj

Strength training is good...too much cardio is NOT the answer. Your diet is most likely the culprit. Going under in your calorie goal is not beneficial, provided you started with good numbers.

Are you new to weightlifting? What type of program are you doing?

I go to pilates reformer classes 4-5 times a week, which is almost all toning. I burn approx 250 cals per 60 min session.
    I also do The Firm Express DVDs (20 min each) 3-4 times a week, which are strength & cardio. I burn 170 cals per 20 min session.
    I have been toning in pilates for 1.5 years now, and the strength training I'm doing is not over 10lb weights.
  • merithj
    Are you eating back your exercise calories?

No always all of them, but always some of them.
  • merithj
    I don't know what you weigh currently, or how much you have to lose....if you are already at a healthy body weight and just want to lose a little, 1.5 lb per week may not be the best setting for you. I am basically trying to maintain at this point, maybe lose at the most 5 lb, and what works for me is a setting at .5 lb per week. When I tried for more, I didn't lose anything.

IMO, strength training is the best thing for weight loss, so I doubt you are doing too much of that.

I need to lose 20 lbs to get back into my weight range. So I feel like it should be dropping off w/ the work I'm doing.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    I try to eat back the calories burned when I exercise. It really works, but you need to keep track of what you are eating. I don't make huge changes in what I eat, I just eat less of the things I like, so that way, when I do reach my goal weight, it won't be because I did some fad diet or ate weird things that I didn't really like. I have to avoid chips and salty stuff....those are my weakness!
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    I personally would try lifting heavier than 10 lbs, see if that helps you out.
  • Try to eat back all of your exercise calories and see if that makes a difference. Try a new workout routine, that helps some people get out of a rut. Make sure you drink lots of water and check how much sodium you're taking in. Still, it's good you did lose anything :) Good work!
  • love2cycle
    Try to eat back all of your exercise calories and see if that makes a difference. Try a new workout routine, that helps some people get out of a rut. Make sure you drink lots of water and check how much sodium you're taking in. Still, it's good you did lose anything :) Good work!
  • love2cycle
    I like the thumbs up picture, marquesajen!