Newbie! Motivation? Help!

Options
Hi!

My name is Brittany, I am 21 Years old and I have two kids I have been starting to change my lifestyle for about 2 weeks now. I have been eating healthier and working out. I feel like I am not doing everything I “should” be doing though. I also feel like I would lose more weight if I had to be accountable for it. Right now, If I lose it I lose it. I need some more motivation than what I have. I knows it’s in me some where I just can’t seem to get It out! I have tried to find a “Biggest Loser” in my area, but they are all already about 6 weeks in, so I have to wait till next time they open up. I eat mostley under my allotted calories for the day (I am attempting the Zig Zag “diet” where I eat a certain amount of calories a week, just different amounts every day) and go to the gym every other day while doing a little work out at home on “rest” days.

Any Tips or suggestions?

Also, Feel free to add me as a friend, and yell at me LOL (:

Replies

• jessica1464
    Options
    I think just eating healthy and making sure you are measuring your servings and recording it should help a lot. I know when i was first starting I was quessing the actual servings sizes and never saw much change. Once I started to actually measure everything I noticed how wrong I was and the big difference it was making. I am now down 20 pounds and I also run 3.5 miles 4 times a week and on my off days I either do Zumba or a Jillian Michaels DVD. I have abut 3 more pounds to lose and have maintained my weight loss really good. If you have any other questions just ask and feel free to add me as well. I love MFP and if you are able to download the app I recommend getting it. This way I am able to record whereever I go and see the nutrtion information before I actuallly eat it.
  • binkxo3
    Options
    Thanks! I have recently started actually measuring myself! Its amazing to look at my portion control now! I have the app as well, its my life saver! I don’t even think about eating something till its logged so that I know if it’s a good Idea or not.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Good job getting started! That's the hardest part. You can do this - set a great example for your kids! You can show them how to be healthy and happy with your body & life.
    My motivation really kicked in after 3-4 weeks when I started noticing my body becoming stronger and my energy increasing.

You can do it!! :)
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    biggest tip i can give, is to log EVERYTHING, even if you have a bad dag n gorge out a wee bit, LOG IT!!!!!
    its not always as bad as you think its going to be :)

GOOD LUCK xx