Im new :)

Options
Hi everyone,

im fairly new to this, even though i've had the app on my phone for some time i've only recently really started to take it seriously as i could really do with a weight loss program that actually works. Im 5.7 and weigh 15.4 stone... but im a size 12 on top and 16ish on bottom.. so its really my thighs i need to work on..

Im planning on doing 4 30 mins exercise videos a week as well as sit ups and toning exercises e.g. as well as where possible walking, taking stairs e.g.

But i really have a problem with food, or mostly carbs! I LOVE CARBS! i cant help it, im a uni student and as much as try to be good i just feel like a meal isnt a meal without them... is that crazy? lol

Im cutting down on carbs, mainly having them with one meal a day and replacing all other carbs with veg or better carbs if needed. I could really do with simply quick recipes that really help me feel full..

Im feeling abit down atm as im yet to lose any weight after having really been trying to for about 10 days.. i know its early but im yet to see results and its disheartening... So Mcdonalds... damm it.. oh well salad for tea..

xx

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Take it slow and don't do anything you won't be able to stick with long term. Its about a healthy lifestyle and not a short term diet.
    Small changes make a big difference over the long run. Healthy foods and portion control. :drinker:
  • ShelbyBeck414
    Options
    welcome!!! I too love my carbs.....remember to stay positive, take it one day at a time, and NEVER give up!! you can do this!
  • blissmanifesto
    Options
    Small changes are the easiest to maintain over time. So here are a few simple things you can do:

instead of white potatoes, choose sweet potatoes
    instead of the usual mash, choose the green veg
    instead of a sweet drink, choose water or plain tea

The most fundamental thing you can do is, whenever you have a choice about what's going on your plate, always choose the green vegetable. Make it an automatic thing. Rice or broccoli? Broccoli, please. If you JUST do this one thing, you will already start to see progress.
  • nastypip
    Options
    Don't give up ,if you have a bad day just get right back to it and start again xx

16938603.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods