looking for pants for us tall girls.

Options
every time i get exercise pants, at the beginning they seem long enough but after a couple days they aren't. i am 5'9 and im tired of wearing floods!!! anyone have any ideas? also i've tried to wash them in cold water and hang to dry. its not enough. thank you so much. :drinker:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I think Kohl's has S<M<Tall yoga pants.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I think the last time I went to Target, they had workout pants in longer lengths. Also, try oldnavy.com for tall lengths.
  • mama1229
    Options
    Aerie has long and extra long in their Yoga Pants. I am 6'3" and the ones I have are so long I walk on them if I don't watch it.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I have the SAME problem. I go to Gap and get theirs. LOVE THEM!
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I think the last time I went to Target, they had workout pants in longer lengths. Also, try oldnavy.com for tall lengths.

Beat me to it.. Old navy has a great 'tall' section. I'm in the same boat :)
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I gave up and started wearing sweat pants that only come down to my knees to work out.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have two pairs of "Yoga pants" from Old Navy which I love. I am 5'10" and don't find them too short at all. I usually wear them pretty high too. They have a super high waist which you can fold over, it wear high and it holds in my tummy pretty decently. They are not even labelled "tall", but they are definitely long enough!
  • TigersLions
    Options
    Check out Alloy.com..
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Are you in the UK/Ireland? New Look have a Tall section, I get all my trackie bottoms and stuff there
  • BetsyOrtloff
    BetsyOrtloff Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" tall.... I have to buy men's tall windpants. ughhhh! I wish clothing manufacturers would cater to us tall women rather than just petites! It's so much easier to hem/shorten clothes than it is to make them grow!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Target sells long
    Oldnavy.com does too but not so much in their stores (unless its a common jean size)

I too gave up and just wear capris to work out in
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" tall.... I have to buy men's tall windpants. ughhhh! I wish clothing manufacturers would cater to us tall women rather than just petites! It's so much easier to hem/shorten clothes than it is to make them grow!
    I'm 6'0 and also buy from the men's section typically :)
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0 and also buy from the men's section typically :)

^This. Never had a problem because I buy men's pants (other than they are too long sometimes). I'm 5'10"
  • kikina
    kikina Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    if you have a costco near you or onlin ethey have there own sweat pants that come in long (tall) there are so nice and they have a hidden pocket at the waist!!

i'm 5'9" also and they fit great with length to spare never has happened before.

also gap has talls online regarding normal pants and new york and company has talls too
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    If anyone reading this knows of a place that supplies to the BIG and tall, that would be great! Every place listed so far does not have a 36" inseam on a size 30 or more pant. Am I really the only person here that is tall and fat at the same time? I mean over a size 26.

I usually get stuff from Fashion Bug online, they have some super great deals. I got my yoga pants from them for under 10 bucks on clearance and I love them even though they are wearing out now *sniffles* That website connects to other big and tall women's stores, and they go to higher plus sizes than any listed so far. Most places cater to a typical inseam for a 5'10" woman, which is a 32" one, but I have found a few places that range 34-36", which is what I need. I guess I have long legs.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    If anyone reading this knows of a place that supplies to the BIG and tall, that would be great! Every place listed so far does not have a 36" inseam on a size 30 or more pant. Am I really the only person here that is tall and fat at the same time? I mean over a size 26.

I usually get stuff from Fashion Bug online, they have some super great deals. I got my yoga pants from them for under 10 bucks on clearance and I love them even though they are wearing out now *sniffles* That website connects to other big and tall women's stores, and they go to higher plus sizes than any listed so far. Most places cater to a typical inseam for a 5'10" woman, which is a 32" one, but I have found a few places that range 34-36", which is what I need. I guess I have long legs.

I found that Gap.com has some good plus size pants that are long enough. I also buy men's jeans (Lucky are my favorite). As far as dress pants, I usually get those from gap or old navy because they have bigger sizes online (you can't usually find them in stores)
  • KendyDawn81
    Options
    I'm 5'9", and I got mine at Marshall's. They're the Reebok brand. Otherwise, I always had to buy guys pants so they are long enough, even with pajama pants too!
  • kaybelmore
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I've recently had good luck with Nike and Underarmor running gear but I buy the tights kind which tend to run longer as well. The biggest downside is the price, though the product seems to hold up better than target's so it might be worth it.
  • Jamie320
    Options
    You'll mostly have to shop online to find a good range of tall pants, but Champion's C9 line at Target is great. Old Navy, and Gap and Athleta all carry tall work-out wear!
  • jencelli
    Options
    thank you so much for your input! i guess its time for me to go shopping!!