Weigh in days - How FAR do you go...

Options
13»

Replies

• Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I understand the desire to not eat the day before to lose even more, but i feel that would only backfire. you will weigh less when you weigh yourself but then simply put it back on as you eat again the next few days.

i dont do anything special because i want the number to be as real and honest and it can be. I dont like the scale, but at least its an honest acquaintance

Oops.... Just to clarify myself. I am consuming ALL my calories today. I am just choosing to spend it on a big salad with meat, olives & dressing this morning and then a fruit juice for lunch and veggie juice for dinner.
    I'm not trying to cheat the scales... Just doing every right as I have have been doing for 4 weeks. Last Week I was extremely bloated and no change on the scale. Not fussed.... Weight loss for me is not a sprint. I'm just hoping for a sign tomorrow that I am doing good ( even though I know I am) :heart:
  • rumsuck8
    rumsuck8 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Weds. I do NOT exercise on Tuesday and try to use Tuesday as a cleansing day. I try to avoid any processed foods, drink tons of water and lots of fruits and veggies........I too, stay away from having any food after 5 PM> This week I was a little disappointed but I did NOT GAIN!!!
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I have to weigh in at night.... 7 PM. After weighing myself sometimes morning and night, I almost religiously gain 2 lbs. of water weight over the course of the day, and magically lose it the next morning. It's frustrating to weigh-in at 2 lbs. heavier than what I consider to be my "true" weight for the day, but really, it's not about the numbers, it's about the general direction I'm moving. And I don't obsess, I just try to observe and check for patterns.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I really try to impress it. I mean... I weigh naked; that alone could be why it gives me mean numbers! LOL

I weigh every Friday morning, naked, after I pee, before I eat or drink anything. And I threaten the scale vigorously for a good 2 minutes before I step on. It's kinda a weekly tradition =)

hmm.... TMI?! LOL

OMG LMAO! You're hilarious!! hehe I guess maybe I should do these things too! Maybe my numbers will change a bit. ;)
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I don't like the idea of trying to game the scale because I made a bad decision. My bad decisions are never so many calories I'm going to gain a pound or two and if I do, it's likely water retention, not fat.

I weigh in every sunday morning. No special routine before I hop on the scale, I just get up and do it. I do weigh in naked though. Like I said, I don't like the idea of trying to play games with the scale and I worry that wearing clothes when I weigh in will make me think, "I'm sure that shirt was at least a half a pound, the pants at least a pound. I totally weigh at least a pound and a half less than the scale said."

About the only "special" thing I do during the week is if I know I had a high sodium day I'll drink a cup of hot lemon water at night when I'm usually drinking my tea. I don't do it special for weigh in day.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've never had specific weigh in days, but I fail to see the logic in what you are doing.
  • For_the_Last_Time
    For_the_Last_Time Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    First I get a live chicken.......................

Really just weigh in on Tuesday morning and let the scale give me the number.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I guess I've always been a numbers person, because I will hop on that scale at any time of the day just to see how it fluctuates. It's crazy, there's a 5lb fluctuation between morning and night, sometimes 6lbs. I drink a ton of water during the day and my weekday eating is pretty consistent. The only number I really trust is first thing in the morning, after potty, in the birthday suit.

It doesn't bother me to see the fluctuations, it helps me realize how my body responds to different things. It's interesting, more than anything. I know I'm doing good so it's OK if Mr. Scale says I gained 6 lbs, I won't believe him unless it's been consistently that over a few days. :P
  • mander1621
    Options
    I weigh in once a week and don't really do anything special ahead of time. I want it to be an accurate number so I know if I'm on the right track or need to work harder.
  • MISSMILL3405
    MISSMILL3405 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ME TOO! lmao!!
  • deluda
    deluda Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wake up, go to the bathroom, get butt naked, then jump on scale every Monday.

I do this on Thursday. I try an limit my sodium daily due to adverse reactions and figure if I can stay within my calorie range then the numbers on the scale will average out.

I'd just be happy if I could fit into my old wardrobe again!
  • tsornoza
    tsornoza Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do my weigh in on Wednesday am. wake up, use bathroom, then hit the scale. for me it is horrifying. i dread the scale. this past week, i lost 2lbs. i'm super excited.
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself (usually) every day. The pounds fluctuate from day to day...... but when I look at my MFP start weight and now.....it's lower....so it doens't matter it goes up a little inbetween. As long as I my clothes fit better, that's what matters.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Last Week I was extremely bloated and no change on the scale. Not fussed.... Weight loss for me is not a sprint. I'm just hoping for a sign tomorrow that I am doing good ( even though I know I am) :heart:

Only thing is if you put that kind of mental stress on the body it can def. effect your weight loss. Maybe you should stop weighing in for a week or two and just relax.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    bahahaha! thank you to all who said I was funny!!

and really... even if the vigorous pre-weighing-in cussing doesn't do the trick, the post-weighing-in cussing and stomping around certainly burns a few calories, right?!

here's a true story to make you laugh!

last friday I woke up later then usual, so i went pee, stripped down, stood in front of the scale and gave it it's usual tongue lashing-yes, out loud, even though I really am the only one in the room-or so I thought... I stepped on the scale and immediatley cussed at it some more. you blankety blank blank if you don't get your blank together i'm gonna blankety blank you! just wait til the next moving truck is outside! you blanker-blanker!

and then I hear hysterical laughing behind me. the hubby was home from PT already and caught me in the middle of my weekly verbal workout! LOL
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I used to go FAR--I'm talking laxatives, not eating the day before, etc. But, that's really just a waste, not to mention, not healthy! I used to weigh myself daily, but only record the lowest weight that I got that week. Talk about cheating!

Now, I haven't weighed myself in weeks. I'm in the process of moving, and half of my stuff (scale included) is in another state. And honestly, it's pretty damn freeing! I can tell that I've lost, because some of my clothes are WAY big on me now.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I weigh naked, after using the bathroom (#1 AND #2). The day before I try to eat extra fiber. TMI...maybe. But it works.
  • jennmartin82
    Options
    I'm currently giving the scale the silent treatment. I refuse to give it the satisfaction. I am not weighing myself again until I can pull my tight pants almost all the way off without unbuttoning them. And then I'm telling it that it's going into the spring yard sale.

hahaha this was funny! the silent treatment LOL