Google Plus

Options
AllanMisner
AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
I've abandoned facebook for google plus. I know it is the "geek fest" social network, but it is so much better than facebook. Any other converts?

Replies

• 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    My job pretty much requires me to be on Diaspora, G+ and Facebook.

Remember beta vs. VHS back in the 80s? Beta was so much better than VHS, but no one used it. I think D* is the Beta of the social networking world.

G+, I have like four friends there. Everyone else is still on Facebook. So instead of trimming down to one really well executed network, I'm on three.

Wait, four. Counting MFP. No wonder I get nothing done...
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I quit facebook also and have done most of my networking here. I have a lot of friends on G+ but I have to say: I just don't get it.

And I'm a bit of a geek.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    G+ rocks and I did the same :)
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    i like it but dont really know anyone on it soooo i keep my facebook.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I keep forgetting I have a google + account.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I'm obligated to stay on Facebook so I can show pictures of the kids to the grandparents. I was off it for a few months. There were complaints. So now I'm back on.
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love google+, but like so many others, I keep my Facebook account because that's where most of my friends are.

I do have a "I've moved to google+" image for my Facebook profile... http://goo.gl/wt05h
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I haven't completely quit facebook.... but G+ has a lot to offer... I like the control it gives as to who sees what. I'd love to see it add some more features, but as it is, its pretty decent.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    The only reason I have a faceook account is to stay in touch with relatives
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I have an acct on G+, but don't like it. Facebook is better. MFP is the best.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,245 Member
    Options
    I am moving more and more to Google+, but have not committed completely. Hopefully soon MFP can link my stuff from here to it, and then I will probably move over even more.
  • miss_shigatsu
    miss_shigatsu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i agree. one of the few things holding me back from fully converting over to google+ is that many apps don't yet integrate with it. MFP is one of my most used apps and I would absolutely love for it to integrate with g+. it would make me very happy.