Veggie Recipes!

Options
mamabear0222
mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
Im trying to find new ways to serve veggies in my house.
Not sneaking them into something, but real recipes.

Something along the lines of .. maple glazed carrots, that idea, but low cal!

Any ideas??

Replies

• bestmommy1977
    Options
    try slicing sweet potatoes very thin and sprinkle them w some trivia and cinn
    bake them in the oven on 350 for about 15-25 mins
    adjust time frames... its been awhile since I made them but its a yummy snack for every one:flowerforyou:
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    just grill, steam or roast them with evoo and seasonings!
  • mrsbrown2k1
    Options
    Roasted fresh green beans!!!!

I take about a pound of fresh green beans, spray a pan with cooking spray and layout the green beans. Drizzle with Olive Oil and spices. Back for about 25-30 minuts in a 425 degree oven. I know mine are down then they have shriveled up a bit and have some black chard marks on them.
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    bump
  • dianarama
    Options
    I have lots! try this one

brussel sprouts: make a balsamic reduction (simmer 1 c balsamic vinegar until only 2/3 c remains), wash and cut brussel sprouts in half, place in a 9x9 dish with the reduction and bake for 30 minutes at 375. (or, just put 'em in a frying pan with a little evoo to save you time, then add reduction later)

there's a great cookbook called Vegetables Every Day that has tons of recipes for just about every vegetable in America. Also, Indian and Asian cookbooks usually have lots of vegetable recipes because they eat more in their cultures.
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Roasted fresh green beans!!!!

I take about a pound of fresh green beans, spray a pan with cooking spray and layout the green beans. Drizzle with Olive Oil and spices. Back for about 25-30 minuts in a 425 degree oven. I know mine are down then they have shriveled up a bit and have some black chard marks on them.

I LOVE green beans and roasted veggies but have never thought of this! Cant wait to make some.