Mothers apron

Options
OK. So I have this area of my lower belly that has been called my mothers apron. I have 4 kids and my belly never shrank. So now I have this loose flap that I would like to remove. The people I have talked to have said surgery. I can't afford that I'm not a movie star. I have noticed that with losing 50 pounds so far its smaller 2 inches higher than it was. Any ideas on how to make it gone. I do abdominal exercises at the gym. and have for the past 2 years and nothing seems to help. Any suggestions. Or does anyone know what works.

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    imho, i would say finish losing the wt first and do your strength training. once you are done, then you can more accurately assess what it looks like, how it affects your clothing, your mindset.

if it really is just loose skin--when all is said and done--surgery will be your only option.

good luck with your efforts!
  • LB12
    LB12 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have the same problem, but I DONT have any kids:ohwell: Since I've been losing weight, it does seem to be getting smaller, I dont think its excess skin since I still have a long way to go. I hope surgery isnt the ONLY answer:sad:

213328.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Chops
    Chops Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem too. When I had my son I had a c-section and I think that has a lot to do with it. If you come up with any miracle ideas, please post.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Someone posted something similar earlier today. Here's the link to that thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/57305-no-tummy-tuck-for-me Check out the link to the article from LeanLioness. It gives some good insight into loose skin, especially after pregnancy.
  • anglbebe
    anglbebe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Someone posted something similar earlier today. Here's the link to that thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/57305-no-tummy-tuck-for-me Check out the link to the article from LeanLioness. It gives some good insight into loose skin, especially after pregnancy.

That was really informative Thanks. :flowerforyou: