My first TWO NSV's!!!

Options
Ok, my sister-in-law is getting married and I'm a bridesmaid. I have over 100 pounds to lose and before December haven't really exercised in over a year. Needless to say I'm big and wasn't really looking forward to trying on a dress. I've recently been able to fit into all my jeans and stuff which are a 24 so I started in a 26 by stretching out all my pants and telling myself I was still a 24.

Anyway onto NSV number one, I went to try on dresses and the 26 looked huge tried the 24 instead. Too big!!! Tried the 22 in one dress and it fit! Got another dress out and the 22 fit great but I still had a little room so I tried the 20. It fit too!! That is 3 dress sizes in two months!

Second NSV is fitness related. I'm 5'2" and walking fast when I started was next to impossible for me cause I was so out of shape. I wouldn't even walk on my in-law's treadmill cause I couldn't go 2.0 mph for very long (10 min tops). But this morning I kept up a 3.0 mph walk for an hour. I know that still doesn't sound fast but remember my height. When I last tried a 3.0 pace I just couldn't walk that fast. And to keep it up for an hour!

Replies

• MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Good Job! Keep it up!
  • bamachyck3
    Options
    That is amazing! I'm very happy for you. Keep up the great work!
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic! I love that you managed to build up already to 60 min at 3 mph. It's amazing how motivating that is, right?

And three dress sizes are a wonderful milestone and show that the hard work is paying off.

Congratulations!
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    Great job!!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Well done keep up the great work
  • TSTagain
    TSTagain Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job, keep going - I am short too and I always feel bad because the person on the treadmill next to me is doing 4-5mph and I am doing 3.5 (anything above 3.5 and I have to jog/run)
  • ksuther13
    Options
    Great job!!! Those are two awesome NSV!!!
  • loraloha74
    Options
    So awesome and inspirational! These are great NSVs!
  • EJsMummy26
    EJsMummy26 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great and making strides! Keep it up!! :)
  • xdaysbingefree
    xdaysbingefree Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    good for you! keep it up :)
  • Nariel
    Nariel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You rock sister! Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!