Before pictures... 30ds. Be nice please

Options

Replies

• birdieintx
    Options
    I think you look great! I'm taller than you but have a very similar hourglass shape and I have had to learn that no mater how lean I get myself I will still be curvy and to love my curves. Don't try to exercise yourself out of your natural shape or you'll only be disappointed. The 30 DS is combination or cardio work, strength training and ab work so you'll probably see the results you want from it. If you want to go for a crazy ripped body, do P90X.

p.s. I hope I look like you in my after photos!
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! I'm taller than you but have a very similar hourglass shape and I have had to learn that no mater how lean I get myself I will still be curvy and to love my curves. Don't try to exercise yourself out of your natural shape or you'll only be disappointed. The 30 DS is combination or cardio work, strength training and ab work so you'll probably see the results you want from it. If you want to go for a crazy ripped body, do P90X.

You make a good point that I think needs to be stated very clearly: An hourglass figure is SEXY! I've seen some woman at the gym who are ripped ... but they do not have an hour glass figure. Instead, they have the figure of a boy. NOT SEXY.

If your goal it so lose your lovely hourglass figure, please reconsider!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with wanting to tone up and get ripped. I think that's the end result a lot of us want. Insanity is extreme cardio, and I would definitely recommend it if you think you can commit to it. It's a big commitment, because it takes a lot of out of you. If you did that and followed MFP's calorie guidelines, I think that last little layer of fat that you're unhappy with would be gone. Then, it would just be a matter of strength training to really get that definition.

Good luck.
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options

You make a good point that I think needs to be stated very clearly: An hourglass figure is SEXY! I've seen some woman at the gym who are ripped ... but they do not have an hour glass figure. Instead, they have the figure of a boy. NOT SEXY.

I couldn't lose my curves if I wanted too. (I dont want too!) My actual hip bones are very wide so... yeah they are not going anywhere c; I want to remain curvy, but tone up, ( I think dita von teese has the ideal body, a body like that is my goal, no corset training though lol) I want a more slender stomach/smaller thighs, the excess fat on my inner thighs gone. I do have a form of body dysmorphic disorder i'm sure but with working out daily and eating healthy it makes me feel better because I know I am working towards being happy in my own skin. I don't want to be 90 or 100 pounds or something a healthy 110-115 is my goal, if I tone up and still weigh 118-120 that would be fine to.
  • Tinyt123
    Options
    Stop dieting right now, there's nothing wrong with your thighs. The only thing that's wrong with you is that you think you have to lose weight.
  • hollyeverhart
    Options
    Seriously?
    Back fat?
    Thighs?
    I am the same height as you..and would KILL to have your body!!!
    You should be thrilled you look like that!
    What I wouldn't GIVE to be able to have a flat stomach, perfectly shaped rear (yes..your is perfect), and legs that didn't rub together!!!
    Be PROUD of your body.....you are absolutely stunning, and I'm sure there are a LOT of people here who would agree with everything I have said!

By back fat I mean the pudge that comes over tight jeans, and my thighs totally touch without clothes on! I hate it. I would kill to get rid of the fat on my inner thigh, its the biggest pain...its always been there since I can remember
  • becon1022
    Options
    SOUNDS LIKE IT MIGHT NOT BE A BAD IDEA TO HIRE A TRAINER. HE OR SHE COULD GIVE YOU THE SUPPORT YOU NEED. YOU CAN FIND GREAT TRAINERS THAT DON'T CHARGE A FORTUNE. YOU COULD USE ALL THAT DVD MONEY (P90X, INSANITY, ECT) AND GET AT LEAST A FEW SESSIONS ON THAT ALONE. MAKE SURE THEY MASH WITH YOU, TALK TO THEM AND THEIR CLIENTS ( SEE HOW LONG THEY'VE BEEN WITH THEM AND PROGRESS THEY HAVE MADE). ALSO AT LESS YOU EAT, 1200 CAL IS NOT BAD JUST MAKE SURE YOU ARE EATING THE RIGHT FOODS. IF YOU DO GO WITH A DVD I THINK P90X WOULD BE BEST FOR WHAT YOU WANT. YOU LOOK GREAT NOW AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW "TONE" YOU GET! BEST OF LUCK.
  • hollyeverhart
    Options
    Okay I am making a huge step in the right direction by trying to get over/work on my body issues. I am on day 9 of the 30 day shred. I wanted to post 'before' pictures, then on day 30 I will come back and post after ones... I am very self conscious about my body, I hope I don't regret posting these.. If anyone else has 30ds before/after pictures feel free to post them, I need the motivation!!! (btw In these pictures I am 118-120 at 5'4, my goal weight is 110)

30ds1.jpg

30ds2.jpg

30ds6.jpg

And lastly...this is the WORST one for me to ever post because I HATE my thighs with a passion. I never ever show my upper thigh area...not to mention my awesome back fat.. HOPEFULLY 30 day shred will kick my *kitten* into shape. On day 9 now, thats how long it took me to post these..

30ds4.jpg

Do you have some kind of body dysmorphia disorder? Your frame and shape are probably considered around the ideal already.

Maybe to some they are considered ideal but I want to be more lean and toned. I am only 5'4 so a little bit of weight loss or toning makes a big difference. I do have body issues, but knowing I am working towards where I want to be calms them down. My goal is still in the healthy range, and its not all about numbers to me, if I tone up and remain the same weight but can look in the mirror and be happy, I am good with that!
  • hollyeverhart
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with wanting to tone up and get ripped. I think that's the end result a lot of us want. Insanity is extreme cardio, and I would definitely recommend it if you think you can commit to it. It's a big commitment, because it takes a lot of out of you. If you did that and followed MFP's calorie guidelines, I think that last little layer of fat that you're unhappy with would be gone. Then, it would just be a matter of strength training to really get that definition.

Good luck.

Thanks! I think I will try Insanity next. Hopefully I can do it.
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Your very beautiful. I would kill to look like you. You are the body shape that is my goal. You can't go wrong with doing the 30DS, Ripped in 30, or any of Jillian's videos. Just eat healthy and exercise.
  • hollyeverhart
    Options
    Stop dieting right now, there's nothing wrong with your thighs. The only thing that's wrong with you is that you think you have to lose weight.

Uh... I don't think I HAVE to lose weight, I just want to be happy & confident in my own skin. If I lose body fat in the process thats great, I just want to tone up, be/look fit, and wear a bikini and not feel jiggly in it. I eat super healthy, I don't restrict or starve myself. Maybe you meant to post this to someone living a unhealthy lifestyle with unhealthy/unrealistic goals. 110-120 is healthy for 5'4 and a petite frame. You only live once, why not be the happiest with yourself that you can be?
  • hollyeverhart
    Options
    SOUNDS LIKE IT MIGHT NOT BE A BAD IDEA TO HIRE A TRAINER. HE OR SHE COULD GIVE YOU THE SUPPORT YOU NEED. YOU CAN FIND GREAT TRAINERS THAT DON'T CHARGE A FORTUNE. YOU COULD USE ALL THAT DVD MONEY (P90X, INSANITY, ECT) AND GET AT LEAST A FEW SESSIONS ON THAT ALONE. MAKE SURE THEY MASH WITH YOU, TALK TO THEM AND THEIR CLIENTS ( SEE HOW LONG THEY'VE BEEN WITH THEM AND PROGRESS THEY HAVE MADE). ALSO AT LESS YOU EAT, 1200 CAL IS NOT BAD JUST MAKE SURE YOU ARE EATING THE RIGHT FOODS. IF YOU DO GO WITH A DVD I THINK P90X WOULD BE BEST FOR WHAT YOU WANT. YOU LOOK GREAT NOW AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW "TONE" YOU GET! BEST OF LUCK.

I download all my workout videos off torrent websites for free lol don't report me! haha
  • hollyeverhart
    Options
    Your very beautiful. I would kill to look like you. You are the body shape that is my goal. You can't go wrong with doing the 30DS, Ripped in 30, or any of Jillian's videos. Just eat healthy and exercise.

Thank you, I like her videos, but after the first few days I couldnt take her voice anymore, now I listen to music with her on mute!
  • StrugglingtoMove
    StrugglingtoMove Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Be nice! Omg I wish i had your body right now. You look great!
  • Lena1967
    Lena1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Add me to those who think you look lovely right now. When I was around your age, I looked like you (well, maybe not quite as good :-)) Now, at age 44 and 15 lbs overweight, I wish I had savored looking good a little more.

So I guess that's my message: enjoy working to get yourself as toned as you want to be, but don't forget how good you look right now, and let yourself enjoy and celebrate it!
  • becon1022
    Options

I download all my workout videos off torrent websites for free lol don't report me! haha

you kinda of just told on yourself lol. i would do something with weights, people hate on the weights but they are the best way to go. just make sure you are eating correctly add some strength training you'll get your results
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I can't believe the number of people on this thread telling her that just because she's thin, she can't want to improve her body -- especially the people telling her she must have a psychological disorder. Ridiculous.
  • birdieintx
    Options

It took me a long time to realize this! Not that I workout for a guy's approval but I thought a straight up and down body was ideal and I hated my curvy hips and um, ample, butt. I spent a lot of time wishing them away but now I think curves ARE sexy!
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Curvy and toned up almost seem like oxymorons. If possible, do exercises that focus on where you want to be toned up, without building any muscle that would take away from your curvy figure.
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I can't believe the number of people on this thread telling her that just because she's thin, she can't want to improve her body -- especially the people telling her she must have a psychological disorder. Ridiculous.

Actually she said earlier in a reply that she had body image disorder. Which is a psychological disorder.

You look great now bout i can't wait to see your results. Keep up the hard work and it will pay off. :D I hope when you are done that you will be able to see the results.