Lingering but now focussed doing low carb..

Options
Hi All

I have been a member for a little while, but only in the last ten days have I really decided to go for it, no excuses! Must get rid of the baby belly, the wobbly thighs and the bingo wings once and for all!

Doing a low carb approach and aiming to lose 40 pounds. I enjoy cooking so would be happy to swap recipes.

Feel free to add me :-)

Replies

• chinamonkey
    chinamonkey Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey honey! i have a fair few recipes i can email for you that are low cal if you wish! Hugs to the family! xxx
  • Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    How are you doing with the low carb? How low are you trying to keep them? It's only day 2 for me and REALLY hard...
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    First, WELCOME!

I found the first 2 wks of low carb to be really, really difficult, but it paid off and it's been so much easier since...and I've been doing low carb since last May with almost no breaks.
  • Felidae_1981
    Options
    Can you define "low"? I know I could not stay below like 30, but I am trying to stay below 130... :P That's already a huge step for me as I LOVE LOVE LOVE bread and pasta. And I hate veggies... :(
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I typed up a response to this but the site seems to be goofy today. Too many Valentine's chocolates or something...LOL I try and stay under 25 for the most part, but I have a friend who loses fine at 80. If 130 is working for you, then I'd stick with it until you stop losing and decrease from there.
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I'm trying to do the low carb thing too. Feel free to add me.
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    Hello, all!

I'm looking for simple recipes as well.

I've lost all this weight cutting carbs and would love to have some low-carb buddies!
  • Felidae_1981
    Options
    I literally just started looking at my carbs. Knowing myself I know I can't restrict myself too much, so I am starting slow and with somewhat high carbs. I lose ok without that but am fighting belly fat in particular with running, strength and maybe some less carbs, at least most days :)

Recipes will help. One so far puts me so far over sodium I wanna scream!
  • susieaob
    susieaob Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey

China, would love any recipes you have :-)

Felidae_1981 I am doing the typical atkinsesque aprroach, so I am doing around 20g at the moment only on week 3) I am finding it easy as my appetite seems to have disappeared, however I really love my fruit and veg and find this stage a little restrictive. So on that basis I am looking forward to over time increasing this a little to add more veg and conversely I will reduce my fat at the same time!

Thanks Yesthistime, I shall have a peek!

AbunaiKen, you have done amazingly, how long did it take you out of interest?