Hi! New here...

Options
Hi! My name is Robin. I am new here and I am looking for some positive support. I have support at home for losing weight, but it is not the kind I need. It is great to hear that family members are losing weight and feeling better about themselves, but since I seem to lose weight slower I really need someone to keep me motivated by telling me I am doing good. I know it sounds selfish, but when trying to raise 2 young children, go to school, and still find time for your husband, I think it is okay to be a little selfish sometimes. I think talking to people who are going through the same thing as me is just what I need to get motivated to get out there and do something. Anyway, it is nice to find such a great site, and I hope I get to know everyone.

Replies

• cattibre
    cattibre Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! My name is Robin. I am new here and I am looking for some positive support. I have support at home for losing weight, but it is not the kind I need. It is great to hear that family members are losing weight and feeling better about themselves, but since I seem to lose weight slower I really need someone to keep me motivated by telling me I am doing good. I know it sounds selfish, but when trying to raise 2 young children, go to school, and still find time for your husband, I think it is okay to be a little selfish sometimes. I think talking to people who are going through the same thing as me is just what I need to get motivated to get out there and do something. Anyway, it is nice to find such a great site, and I hope I get to know everyone.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place. You'll get inspired, informed and motivated here. I've been here since Feb and I love it!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • fabflo72
    fabflo72 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm new also and had a few people that were very supportive and like the idea of talking to other people other then my family.Everyone here is so nice and can give a lot of good advice,welcome aboard Robin
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm constantly amazed by how supportive everyone here is...You've come to the right place! Good luck!
  • wanabgawgus
    Options
    hey hun im new to so if u ever wana chat message me- good luck hun!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    WELCOME!! :flowerforyou: You are defintly in the right place!!! I am new too, so if you need to chat we can support each other!
  • tkropp
    tkropp Posts: 3
    Options
    I understand what you are going through. There is nothing wrong in being selfish. I have faith that will accomplish your goal. :smile: Keep me posted.
    Toni
  • cattibre
    cattibre Posts: 3
    Options
    :happy:

Wow! This seems like just the place I have been looking for. Everyone is so nice! I really like the charts and everything so I can challenge myself to do just a little more everyday. It is a real eyeopener to record all of my foods and see how bad my eating habits really are. Thanks for the support.
  • mikeleroux1970
    mikeleroux1970 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    slow weight loss is healthy and it means you can live with the food choices you've made in your change of lifestyle. Keep up the slow weight loss !
  • jen2008
    jen2008 Posts: 2
    Options
    :happy: Hello all! A great friend told me about this site and I'm happy to be here!! I will be taking the time to look around here, and try to set up some goals and dietary plans for myself. Lord knows I need all the help I can get!! THANK YOU my fitness pal....I have confidence that this is exactly what I needed!!!
  • pinky010306
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I am a mother of three. My youngest being 18 months old. I knew for awhile that it was time to loss weight just haven't got to it. I am very angry with the angry that i have all these clothes and I can't fit into them. I really hope this works for me. See ya!! Good luck!!!!
  • jen2008
    jen2008 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I am a mother of three. My youngest being 18 months old. I knew for awhile that it was time to loss weight just haven't got to it. I am very angry with the angry that i have all these clothes and I can't fit into them. I really hope this works for me. See ya!! Good luck!!!!

:happy: :tongue: thanks for joining with me!!! yaaay!!!!!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: This is going to be a life changing experience to where you will be making healthier meals for your whole family and lose the weight you want. We all support you in your journey to a new and healthier life.:drinker: