Why am I not seeing a difference?

Options
Hi all, I've worked out now and reduced my calorie intake from 2100 a day to 1400 average... And NOTHING, I work out twice a day, hired a personal trainer. I feel discouraged. Its been two WEEKS! I'm so bummed. Why is it on biggest looser they lose like 7lbs the first week? I would be happy with 2lbs. I am at the same weight i started with. What is wrong with me? what am i doing wrong? Just a little bummed, am i the only one with this problem?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Give it time lady, it'll happen, everyone's different. Just remember, on the biggest loser they work out like 5 to 6 hours a day, and live in a controlled environment with professional trainers every day. Gotta expect less excessive results in the real world.
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    You are not along:cry: I've been doing this for 5 weeks now and NOTHING! Haven't lost a pound or an inch:cry::cry: :cry: :cry:

I've been told because I don't have much to lose it will be harder, but come on already!!!

Mary
  • girleuphoria
    Options
    I just wish i could get over this two week hump! I do this all the time and get discouraged then quit after two weeks. It feels like my body is in limbo... I want to say "hey you, wake up and get with the program" I just want to be where i use to be before i had my son, and some days just seem so much harder to stomach then others.... I will try to be more patient.
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've worked out now and reduced my calorie intake from 2100 a day to 1400 average... And NOTHING, I work out twice a day, hired a personal trainer. I feel discouraged. Its been two WEEKS! I'm so bummed. Why is it on biggest looser they lose like 7lbs the first week? I would be happy with 2lbs. I am at the same weight i started with. What is wrong with me? what am i doing wrong? Just a little bummed, am i the only one with this problem?

Thanks for letting me vent.

You cant look at this as a diet, it has to be a lifestyle change.
    If you just look at it from the perspective of being on a diet you probly wont stick with it and even if you do there's a good chance you'll just gain most or all of the weight back when you stop.
    Just keep working hard and counting your calories and the changes will come, you'll feel better, look better and be a healthier happier you. Thats what matter in the end right?
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Your body may need time to adjust to your new routine. Give it another week or two and you'll see the number start dropping.

Don't compair to BL contestants - you will only discourage yourself. They workout 6-8 hours a day and are fed the highest quality foods, very controlled by their trainer as to what to eat, when to eat it, etc. And don't forget, they may lose 7 pounds the first week... but dreaded week 2 hits and you see some 2 pound gains from their body adjusting to it all. They put some serious work into getting those big numbers every week, because while they are on the ranch... working out is their one and only job.
  • girleuphoria
    Options
    Yes, you are so right... After all, my main goal was to be able to run in the park with my son. Thats what i really want, I want to do that without being tired and just sitting there watching him.
  • rinalynn
    rinalynn Posts: 87
    Options
    I understand I was doing P90X and watching my cals and then started Chalean Extreme and my fat pants got tight again and I did't loose a pound in like 4 weeks so with the help of all the MFP friends they suggested to up my cals and be patient and today I tried on some of my smaller clothes and I am down one whole size in my pants.:happy: so give it time it will come off. You may need to play with your foods and cals a bit and then you will see change also remember muscle weighs more then fat so you could be building muscle right now then the pounds will drop. Good Luck!! You will see changes soon!!:flowerforyou:
  • charlenes1
    Options
    I can relate. I am trying to not even get on a scale this time. The number always discourages me. Until I am swimming in my pants then I will get on the scale. My weight is not falling off either and no where near when i was much younger. Just keep it up and try not to be so hard on yourself. We are all walking the same walk and do understand. :flowerforyou:
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Myslef, the first time I went ot lose weight I would do 2 hours of cardio, then 90 minutes of weights (I got to the gym for 4 am) 6 days a week. I did this for 2 months and lost 8 lbs. WHAT THE F***. I was mad. I almost gave up then. Then Another month goes by and :explode: I lose 25lbs. I guess My metabolism kicked in. :happy: I did not change my eating habits very much back then. Everybody is different.
  • girleuphoria
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the responses... I'm starting to think that I was right when i told my body "wake up" and all of your responses confirm that my body needs to get into the metabolism mode.... sooo I just guess i will have to keep doing what i'm doing.

Thanks again for all the support you all are so WONDERFUL!