I only have 369 cals left, what's a good dinner?

Options
ojell
ojell Posts: 749 Member
I'm not much of a cook, so it needs to be something simple and hopefully fulfilling.

I had chicken and carrots for lunch.

This is what I have to work with. 369 cals 61 carbs 0 fats 29 protein

AND preferably something my kiddos would like.

Replies

• beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast (1/2 is about 150 calories), your favorite veggies (mine are broccoli, spinach, califlower, carrots - 100 calories or so) with Parmesan cheese (2 tsp is about 25 calories) on top. Maybe also add a salad. Depends on what veggies you choose.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Well with 0 fat there isn't too much you can do. I would go over on fat and have either 3 fried eggs and 1 serving shredded cheese melted in for about 350 calories, or a boneless skinless chicken breast with a side of veggies or a bun because you do have the carbs.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Just about anything on www.skinnytaste.com
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Can you squeeze in some exercise today and earn yourself some more calories?
  • vilardip1
    Options
    lean meat and veggies...
  • ojell
    Options
    Can you squeeze in some exercise today and earn yourself some more calories?

I'm gonna try to.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Lettuce or spinach...with broccoli...a few hard boiled eggs...some red, yellow or orange peppers with only a tablespoon of ranch dressing
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Plain oatmeal made with water (150)...them after it is cooked, mix in some flavored yogurt (1 cup of light & fit has 110)...that leaves you another 109 for something else
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm having a chicken fajita foil pack for dinner and it's 357 cals, 31 protein, and 54 carbs....I don't worry if I go a LITTLE over on carbs (leftovers from the other day)

4 oz chicken, cubed
    1/4 cup brown rice dry
    1/4 cup hot water
    1/4 green pepper, cut into strips
    1/4 onion, cut into strips
    1/2 plum tomato, diced
    1/4 cup corn
    1 tbsp homemade (or 1/4 pack store bought) taco seasoning

Lay out a LARGE sheet of alum foil, pulling up the edges slightly, like a dinner plate.
    Spray the middle of the foil with cooking spray.
    Put chicken and taco seasoning in a ziploc bag and shake, shake, shake.
    Layer rice, water, chicken, veggies.
    Close up the foil packet, leaving room for the food to steam.
    Bake at 375 degrees for one hour.

Takes a while, but it's totally worth it.

There are more recipes on my blog too, that are fairly easy.

www.futureskinny*****recipes.blogspot.com

I know MFP is going to censor that, so it starts with a "b" and rhymes with "witch", lol. :wink:

P.S. - This isn't me advertising for myself, just trying to help out! :happy:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Fresh - Spaghetti Squash, 1 cup
    Kraft - 100% Parmesan Grated Cheese, 1 tbsp (1g)
    Homemade Tomato sauce with Zucchini and Mushrooms, 1 serving
    Barber Foods - Italian Chicken Strips, 1 piece
    Calories 349 Carbs 41 Fat 13 Protein 19 Sodium 820 Choles. 30
  • ojell
    Options
    Yummy guys! Thanks for the ideas!
  • emaxtastic
    emaxtastic Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Look through my diary. I eat tons of meals under that! My super-filling lunch today, for example, was 316. Cut out the sweet potato fries and condiments and my supper today would have been under 350. I clearly have too much time on my hands lately though, as my diary will also show hahaha
  • Alexis32010
    Options
    I don't remember the brand but most grocery stores with have it. It's a shrimp lo mein stir fry that is only 170 calories for 1.25 cup serving! It's really yummy too...I add some soy sauce! That leaves you with some extra calories for a side dish or two.
  • ojell
    Options
    Look through my diary. I eat tons of meals under that! My super-filling lunch today, for example, was 316. Cut out the sweet potato fries and condiments and my supper today would have been under 350. I clearly have too much time on my hands lately though, as my diary will also show hahaha

I've never seen multigrain fish sticks! Cool! I love fish sticks! lol
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    baked chicken breast and 2% cottage cheese-high protein, low fat, low cal
  • CynPierce15
    CynPierce15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Go workout!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Egg white omlette, with tonnes of veg and salad on the side x
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

Same here; my dinners are usually 150-300 calories. Sometimes I eat two servings only because I still have over 600 to use.
  • LuaLiz
    LuaLiz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    feel free to take a look through my diary for some ideas :)
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love to chop all the ingredients for salsa... a tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro, and little lime and jalapeno and add to a can of tuna in water about a 1/2 and 1/2 mix.. then wrap in iceberg lettuce like a burrito. I will get back to yah on the cals.. i know you should be able to get about 4 to 5 wraps out of it and i can usually only eat two.. the protein is really filling.. good luck finding something you love.. its a good feeling to know you don't have to settle :)