Anyone trying to get their resistant partner to join them?

Options
I started on here a few weeks ago, while I have not seen a huge difference in my weight I am loosing inches like crazy!! I am really trying to get my husband to join me but he doesn't want to. He doesn't want to count his calories or limit his food (how nice for him, huh?). I don't want to come out and tell him that he needs to lose weight since I am bigger, but I really think it would help us. Anyone have any tips to motivate him?? Anyone in the same boat?

Replies

• Sydney0710
    Sydney0710 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Do you do the cooking and shopping? That is how I have changed my husband's diet. I do ALL the cooking and shopping, and I simply told him that I was going to cook healthy, and If he doesn't like it, he can cook his own food (which he has yet to do).
    He still eats too large of portions, but it's still far better than he used to eat.
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    Do you do the cooking and shopping? That is how I have changed my husband's diet. I do ALL the cooking and shopping, and I simply told him that I was going to cook healthy, and If he doesn't like it, he can cook his own food (which he has yet to do).
    He still eats too large of portions, but it's still far better than he used to eat.

^This^
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar boat. My partner of 7 years and gained "comfort" weight together. While I have lost some of it after having our son, he keeps getting bigger and less healthy as the time goes by. He will now admit that he has to lose weight but he really is too lazy to do anything about it (his words) and he refuses to try eating healthy. He has so many health issues that run in his family and for the past few years he's been sleeping with a CPAP because of his sleep apnea......Sorry I can't offer any advice, I'm still trying to figure it out myself.

Let me know if you find anything that works.....
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I got a lot of people to join me. It's just how long they stick with it that's the problem.
  • AngelJordan
    AngelJordan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, my partner is the same. The hardest part is the only veges he will eat are potatos, carrots and silver beet. He may sometimes eat an apple but not very often. He is also the biggest takeaway junky ever! He eats 3 burgers!!!! Its really hard cause whenever we in town he has to get takeaways, and i feel myself failing because they are just soo good! I manage to balance out and stick under my calorie goals, but i don't feel it counts cause they not exactly that healthy ( i try to have the healthiest option)
    He's all for me getting to a skinnier size, but i just don't feel i have full support.:grumble:
  • cheerios4444
    Options
    I have the same problem here. My husband is willing to cut his portion size a very small fraction but refuses to eat healthier. That causes our grocery budget to really suffer, and me too when we can't afford the extra for the healthier foods.