more motivated then ever to lose 30 lbs!!!

Options
ok, so I had my engagement photos done two weekends ago.... I bought a new outfit, felt super cute, and had a blast... then i got the photos back... I am not kidding when i say i had no idea i looked like that! I know that im overweight right now, but not to the extent of the photos.... it brought me to tears... that day i got this wild hair and decided i was done... i was done making excuses, sitting around complaining and not doing anything about it.... so i stepped it up. i had a gym membership that i pay for monthly but dont ever use, so i had everything at the palm of my hands to change this.... for the past two weeks i have been working out everyday, tons of cardio, eating healthy, small portions 5-7 times a day, and i am ready to lose these 30 lbs of baby weight (my son is 17 months!!!)... any friends in a similar situation, or that would just like to help motivate, and be motivated feel free to add me!!! Also, anyone is southern arizona would be fun to connect with... Hiking trips maybe? thanks in advance for reading and any kind words!!!

Replies

• binkxo3
    Options
    Me!! Well, I have 25-30 now, I yo-yo between 170-165 the past few days!
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Your pictures are beautiful, by the way. I'm the maid of honor in 2 different weddings this year and would love to keep losing weight to look good for these events. Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for support and motivation. Best of luck on your journey
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    If you would like to add me that would be great I need to lose at 30 lbs to be down to my maintaing weight and any extra encouragement would be great good luck to you
  • tsornoza
    tsornoza Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    you can do it. i started my journey a few weeks ago. this site and group of friends helps so much. it gives you lots of motivation and the food journal is great. feel free to add me. I have 30lbs to lose so, I know how you feel. good luck with your journey.
  • kvdiva1
    kvdiva1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. When I got married almost 4 years ago I was a size 6/8, now i'm back in a size 10/12. I was so happy when I met my husband that I completely let myself go. We both love to eat and spend alot of time together - and he's not a very active person. Now I have a good 30 pounds to loose as well. I have been in the gym 4 days a week and taking circuit training classes for the past 5 weeks. This site is the best tool I could have found, it helps tremendously. You'll loose the weight because you sound extra motivated and 30 lbs is not that bad. We will be divas by June - i'm determined. Good luck on your weight loss journey, and remember, nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. I love that phrase.

Kelly
  • jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yes me me me me!!!

Since christmas I have been telling myself I am on a diet. My progress? Not good. I weighed myself this morning, and have gained 6lbs back of my 11, thus making my total weightloss 5lbs in more than 10 weeks. That's not good...

My starting weight was 191lbs

My goal weight is 155-161lbs! I am so totally in.

I have worked it out that there is 28 weeks until my holiday, and I would love to lose 28lbs, therefore must lose one pound per week!!! Hopefully I can do it :D Yes count me in!
  • AshleyNicole0710
    Options
    thanks everyone!!!! this reallly is such a great support website! everyone has been so awesome! after the baby i was 186, i worked my butt off and did the southbeach diet, and got to 169... i started working at chilis, and that just ruined it for me... lol, i was 177 when i got on the scale two weeks ago... ive been working really hard again, and within two weeks ive dropped down to 171. id like to be closer to 140, thats what i was before my second baby, and i felt great! im loving the energy ive had since ive changed my eating habits and working out frequently. i was always athletic, so to be this over weight has really taken me into depression mode.... im 5'8 and think 30 would be perfect... but i dont just want to be skinny, i want to be fit!!!!
  • AshleyNicole0710
    Options
    we will definitely keep each other motivated!!!!!
  • joannemayhead
    Options
    Good luck with your weight loss goals Ashley!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Meeeeee!!
  • livinafitlife
    livinafitlife Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey you can add me as well!! I have 30ish pounds to lose myself my goal weight is between 135-140 and I am 5'7 my current is 168. would love to help keep each other encouraged!
  • marchlej
    Options
    You can add me too - Lost 30 pounds 1 1/2 years ago and in the past 6 months gained back 12. Started this site a few weeks ago. We can motivate each other.:happy:
  • kvdiva1
    kvdiva1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't get depressed. I got depressed too and it made me eat even more. Always remember, it's just 30 pounds and you can do it. You sound alot like me so lets keep each other motivated. We can loose it together on this site. Do you have a Wii? If so, you should try Wii fit, Exerbeat, and Zumba fitness 2. If you like to dance and try different and fun activities to loose weight, you'll love these games. They keep you up and moving at times when we would normally be siting around being inactive.