Just starting - would love to add some friends!

I am just getting started on this weight loss/fitness/healthier me journey! I am morbidly obese and have more than 200 lbs to lose, that is almost overwhelming to think about so I will take it pound by pound instead. Just joined a fitness/nutrition program and will be working out 6 days a week for the first time in my life.

I sure could use some friends on here that might be able to help keep me motivated and inspired, and of course I would do my best to do the same for them. Thanks!

Replies

• You can add me if you like. Congratulations on starting! You can totally do this.
  • Welcome!! Congrats on taking the first steps! (sounds like an AA meeting! lol) You can add me as well (:
  • Please add me I've just started and got a long way to go. Could do with some one to bounce off, if you know what I mean.
    I'm determind to do it this time whats you plan?:flowerforyou:
  • I just started a fitness/nutrition class last night. It includes a workout class 6 times a week and nutrition education, it will be the hardest but most rewarding thing I have ever done for myself. I have sent you a friend request, thanks so much!
  • jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    You are definitly not in this alone!! Please add me. I don't have quite that much to lose but I have over 100 to lose!!! And I find this is helping big time!!! Just started Saturday. That goes for anyone else that would like more friends!! add me jennylsapia
  • I'm just starting here too. I've finally had enough of worrying whether everyone's judging the fat girl for eating in public. Here's to the start of an exciting (but difficult) journey...
  • FattyNatty12
    FattyNatty12 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, im just starting to and would love to have some friends to help me out, please feel free to add me x
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 346 Member
    I started last friday. Just by joining you already headed in the right direction. If you like you can add me:smile:
  • hk2008
    hk2008 Posts: 49 Member
    I just started as well. I would love to join your support gang. add me as well:smile:
  • Kmilky
    Kmilky Posts: 8 Member
    I have just started today and would love to add some friends as well ,I will add a pic tonite. I have been on this weight loss roller coaster most of my adult life and I am finally tired of making excuses for myself. I have about 100 lbs to lose and I just need to stay with it everyday. Kris
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Hi! You can add me, I need motivation as well...and you picked a great place, MFP is the best tool someone on a weightloss journey can have!
  • Inola
    Inola Posts: 1
    Hi! I'd love some friends! I have a great team spirit - I coach and play roller derby, but have struggled the last several months because of a thyroid problem ;( Need some encouragement! Add me! Let's go!!!

:smile:
  • I have added you - good luck in your journey!
  • Hello please feel free to add me as well

I just started this site yesterday and been dieting off and on for a while lost 55 lbs in 2011 yay me :)

I still have a ways to go!

Good luck you can do it just remember calories in calories out!
  • Lornarm
    Lornarm Posts: 4 Member
    You may add me as a friend. I have been using mfp for quite some time but I don't have many friends to give or receive support. I would love to have friends around the same age as me because weight loss sure gets harder with age. I have considered myself a professional YoYo Dieter, you name it, I've tried it and I just need to get in the right frame of mind, find some energy and lose the lbs for good!
  • Added as a friend - it's my first day, and glad to have others to "work alongside" in this adventure. :)