How to do diets without getting bored

Options
Hi good day to all of you guys,
I know that many of you experience getting bored doing diets
its there someone that can give me some tips in how we not get bored in this non stop fight to ideal weight?

fr. Tomas Casis
Panama

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Change it up EVERY day... if you find something that works and you like it, keep doing it but otherwise CHANGE is key! Take some before pictures and look at them weekly. At least this works for me. I'm 7 months in and although the weight is not coming off as 'fast' as I would like, it is coming off and I am sticking with it! Usually I flake out around week 8, that is only if i wasn't bored by week #2 :laugh:
  • joannemayhead
    Options
    I think we have to stop looking at it as a diet and instead make it about lifestyle changes. Personally, I ensure I get a lot of variety. My snacks and breakfast stay similar but I love to experiment with different lunches and dinners and that stops me getting bored.

Good luck with your journey!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dont DIET, make lifestyle changes... then there's nothing to get bored of!
  • ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My husband is a prime example of getting bored. He finds a meal plan that gets him to feel better & lose weight, and within 8-10 days, he's bored-then he goes crazy & eats junk that he's missed. He just started P90X and is having amazing results, so to help him avoid the boredom, I printed out a list of breakfast options, snacks, lunches & dinners.

I cook a large batch of sweet potato black bean chili every week-its a great 'go to' for snacks, lunches or last minute dinners.
    I hard boil a dozen eggs-perfect for breakfast, snacks on the go, or chopped with veganaise for egg salad (sandwiches or on a salad)
    I sautee a few peppers & onions with S&P to keep on hand all week-take a portion and scramble some eggs in there, or add cooked chicken, or throw in some black beans for a stir fry -or put it all into a tortilla.
    Almonds, walnuts, shredded coconut, raisins & a few chocolate chips in a baggie-perfect for snacks.
    Grill (or bake, broil, pan fry) a large amount of chicken-so many ways to serve it!

Each Sunday (or everyday if you have time!) go to some healthy eating websites (My favorites are skinnytaste.com (her name is Gina, but its not me!) or the eat clean diet website (Tosca Reno) and when your not hungry, print out some recipes that look like you'll like them.

I find if I get some variety, without getting crazy with extravagant recipes (that I'm bound never to actually make!) I find eating clean so much "fun".

I have a FB page that I try to help others, its Ginas Fit Life with BB if your interested!
  • grgranum
    Options
    Change up your diet (don't eat the same thing week after week)
    Also make a list of foods you think you may like to try that isn't in your normal lineup and when u get a little board add something to your lineup.

It sucks having to do a little prep once or twice a week but it will make it seem less like a chore preparing food for your diet and that helped me stick to it.

And the biggest thing of all is scour through the grocery store and try to modify the meals you often have to fit into your diet if you can it will make it feel like less of a diet.

Good luck, hope the info was of some use.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    like they said.. dont diet.
    just aim for your macros, switch it up if you're bored, and realize you can eat anything you want as long as you are willing to fit it in your macros for the day.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Getting bored? Hmm I try new recipes at least once a week. If not more. I try new foods a few times a month (running out of stuff to try though...need to find some new sources).

I only get bored if I am too busy to cook and stuck with the same old healthy takeout choices.
  • casistomas
    Options
    I'm new to this routine and will put into practice your advice I agree that we should not call it diet, but a better way to eat healthy.
    Tks for all your comments.
    regards
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love MFP because I am not restricted in what I can eat. That is where my failure has been in the past in that I would crave whatever was be restricted and then binge. I now can have what I want but knowing I will log it and need to stay in an overall goal makes me make better choices or exercise a little harder. Good luck.
  • dwtouch4
    Options
    Take up cooking, healthy food is as much fun to cook as unhealthy. You may find yourself looking forward to crafting new dishes that are good for you.

Find a new physical hobby to get into. It's harder in the winter but outdoor activities are always something fun to try.