Help me solve a MYSTERY

Options
2»

Replies

• KaiteeKarrot
    Options
    Bringing down her heart rate? Having a stroke? Muslim prayer time? Masturbating covertly?

Hahaha! Love the theories, especially the last one.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    You're a better person than I.

I'd have been way too tempted to poke her. Gently. Right in the middle of her forehead.

With my palm. Until she fell over backwards.

and laughed at her :)

Of course, you'd have to run off and finish your laps, so keep laughing every time you pass her lying on the ground staring off in the distance "D
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Bringing down her heart rate? Having a stroke? Muslim prayer time? Masturbating covertly?

made me snort....:laugh:
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    She may have a mental health issue.

Sounds like a calming technique for anxiety.....don't be so quick to judge.

Why not just ask her?
  • MrsWife2011
    MrsWife2011 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Agree, she was masturbating covertly, maybe she can teach you!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    She could possibly be meditating...
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Meditation I reckon.
  • JLWilson27
    Options
    You're a better person than I.

I'd have been way too tempted to poke her. Gently. Right in the middle of her forehead.

So just spit out my water! Hilarious! But I think even more so because I could so see that being something I would do!
  • haitienne56
    haitienne56 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    OMG that voodoo reply was hilarious! Since it was just the 2 of you she might want to make sure you not going to hurt her. As for the Zumba experience, she just wants to have space to do her thing.
  • lleabrooks
    lleabrooks Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Maybe she just forgot what she was doing... :laugh:
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options

Sounds like a calming technique for anxiety.....don't be so quick to judge.

Why not just ask her?

I agree. Asking is pretty simple, just do it in a polite way. Maybe it's for a good reason and if not atleast it would give you an oportunity to voice your opinion.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Ok, this has been bugging me for a while now. There's this lady at my gym that I would see walking the track every so often. A few weeks ago I was the only one on the track which I was happy about because I was doing the C25K and was doing the first longest run and I didn't need any distractions. Then SHE showed up. She walked around the track once in the inner lane then when she got to about the 1 o'clock position she turned sideways (facing the outer lane) and just STOOD THERE... for a good 15 mins!!! Needless to say, it was totally distracting. I eventually decided to use her as a marking point to countdown how many laps I had left.

I thought that she probably was just doing whatever she was doing because I was the only on there and she wasn't getting in anyone's way BUT the other day the track was very busy and she did it AGAIN.

THE MYSTERY: WHAT THE %#@& WAS THIS LADY DOING???? Also, in your opion, is it inappropriate to be doing it at the gym even if there's only one person there.

On a side note: I see this same woman in my Zumba class. Before class begins she stands with her arms stretched straight out on either side. I assume to claim her area. :grumble:

There is etiquette on an athletics track and she really should be made aware of it.

The etiquette is that if somebody is going to do something which she is doing, she should be in the OUTSIDE lane and not on the inside.

Most running tracks have something like a notice board with etiquette rules on them.

Also, in case anybody thinks that rules for running tracks are "nitpicky", they are not, they are very important, because being hit by a person who may be belting full-blast down the track is similar to being hit by a car, the impact will damage both the victim and the poor sod who was running.