the pizza attacked my face.

Options
okay. so i eat 1200 cal a day on here. i got alittle hungry, and a little stressed. i ate a small piece of digorno pizza. i now ate 1500 cal. but im burning it off with exercise later. i feel so guilty tho. so i went to eat another piece but i was so mad at myself and i told me sister im like ..THROW IT AWAY I CANT CONTROL MYSELF. and shes like no you do it *symbolism* and im like okay fine. and then i drenched it in palmolive dishsoap and threw it away. stupid pizza trying to ruin my day. so i ate more calories then usual but i burned it off with exercise calories. i just feel mentally guilty. this is okay right? ever happen to you? thus concludes my amazing story of the pizza attacking my face.

Replies

• TrinaCanDoThis
    Options
    OMG...I have to do that all the time. I do not have the will power so I always soak my temptation w/water, dish detergent or whatever is within my reach. If I don't that, there is a chance that throwing in the trash isn't good enough (sad but true)! :( I mean, if I throw the box away, I'll say, it didn't touch the trash and it's still in the box so I just drown it w/things I shouldn't eat. But the answer to your question is yes, I experience that all the time and sometime just like the rest of the world, we are not strong enough. Great attitude though...keep up the good work and remember we all stumble at times! LOL!
  • brighteyesxluv
    brighteyesxluv Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    OMG...I have to do that all the time. I do not have the will power so I always soak my temptation w/water, dish detergent or whatever is within my reach. If I don't that, there is a chance that throwing in the trash isn't good enough (sad but true)! :( I mean, if I throw the box away, I'll say, it didn't touch the trash and it's still in the box so I just drown it w/things I shouldn't eat. But the answer to your question is yes, I experience that all the time and sometime just like the rest of the world, we are not strong enough. Great attitude though...keep up the good work and remember we all stumble at times! LOL!

rofl!! :) glad i'm not the only one. i love hearing others stories cuz it makes me feel human and not so bad about myself. :))
  • xdaysbingefree
    xdaysbingefree Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    hahah while I can't say I've been attacked by a pizza, I can relate to feeling like I have no control and just wanting to keep eating. I say good for you for knowing that you had to get rid of it after your first slice. No need to feel to guilty about it, especially if you're going to the gym today
  • Paxnyokes
    Paxnyokes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while, let the pizza attack. It happens to me too.
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    That's been this entire week for me. I'll be lucky if I get through this week without gaining anything. Here's to a better week for the both of us :)
  • CharNordie
    CharNordie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    eating 1500 calories is still a deficit. so don't stress about it too much. remember this has to be a LIFE STYLE, so yes, while most days you should keep on track and watch your calories and watch your exercise, PLEASE don't stress about one day being higher than normal.
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    hahahaha food attacks me all the time. it just leaps into my mouth.

i think the hardest part about this whole commitment, for me, was recognizing that i can't be perfect all the time. days when the food saunters into my hands are going to happen. you know what? it's okay! it's just a handful of days in a lifetime of healthier eating. and you stopped before you ate the whole thing, which is awesome. it was a learning experience, right? dump that guilt in the garbage too. :) we shouldn't feel bad for eating, i feel like that sets one up for a bad relationship with food right in the opposite direction.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think I'm lucky as I live on my own... I literally can't buy the stuff as I WOULD invariably eat the job lot in one sitting. The fact that I have some ice cream in the freezer as yet untouched baffles me as normally I'd scarf this down straight away... I must be learning restraint haha!

That said, my unappetising lunch of steamed broccoli with a little feta cheese IN NO WAY suppresses my craving for pizza. Good on you for not nailing the whole lot - I would have for sure!

H
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You are fighting with your self in your own head. I do it too. Had the same conversation with my hubby over choco (he refused to hide it).

I challenge you to:

A. Congratulate yourself for fighting for you! There may have been a time that you would have just given in, or maybe with just a sigh.

B. Remember what all happened that day, was there a trigger like you waited too late to eat, the dog pooped on the floor, mail box full of bills???? There may not be anything, but if you can figure it out you could address it directly :D
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    My mistake was cooking up a frozen pizza thinking "I'll eat a couple slices for dinner and have the rest for leftovers during the week".
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    LOL -- I cut my giant, amazingly delicious burger in half at lunch today with the intention of taking the other half home. Yeah....that didn't happen!! I already walked for almost two-hours today and don't have time for more exercise so now I have to figure out a <300 calorie dinner!
  • noelslp
    noelslp Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Did the same thing tonight! My husband brought home a huge loaf of fresh Italian bread from my favorite bakery. I had two pieces of it (and my hubby had some!), and then I promptly threw it in the garbage and cleaned my cats' litter box on top of it. Bread is my weakness, and I knew if I kept it around to have some over the next few days, I would've eaten the entire loaf at 2 in the morning!
  • brighteyesxluv
    brighteyesxluv Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    my problem was i was getting stressed earlier and then i went for the food cuz i was thinking about the pizza crust ...BREAD..my weakness :)
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I work at a restaurant and see food all day. It really doesn't bother me that much, except for one thing...BACON! We cook fresh premium applewood smoked bacon everyday. Usually, there is a bit left over at the end of the night. I have to throw it away the second the restaurant closes, or I will eat it all. The urge is almost overwhelming!
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! I can throw down half a pizza easily. So I had to have an alternative, because there is no way I can only eat 1 or 2 pieces. So...my alternative is making my own pizza, and getting to eat half of it within my calories. I use Jiffy Pizza Crush mix, 1/2 cup cheese, a little sauce, and loads of onions, peppers, and garlic on it. It's AMAZING. Find a lower calorie version of what you love, and have at it! Don't feel guilty about being over 1 day. It takes a lot more than 1 day to mess things up!

ETA: Oh, and half the pizza is 500ish calories the way I make it. =)
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Don't ever feel bad about eating!!! That's the worst. Because usually if you start to feel guilty it's really easy to dive in for more! Because, hey! You already messed up once! Just keep going!

Just accept that you ate that delicious piece of pizza and move on! Tomorrow is a new day to try again! :D
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    the pizza attacked my face.

It happens to the best of us...
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    a bowl of cereal! >:O)