Spike vs MFP? Banks are you out there?

Options
Hello world!

9lbs down - working hard -
so I just read about 'Spiking'

sounds great - I would love a day off!

but it seems like it conflicts with much of what are in the links in the MFP newbies read this here:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

I wonder if Banks or someone else might address this....

thanks so much for your time

Replies

• dancerman
    dancerman Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    just wondering if anyone had thoughts on this

thanks
  • pudgypie
    pudgypie Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Delighted you posted this as I have just been searching for the same thing....I had a "spike" day myself today...totally unplanned but definitely a spike day. In bed as full as a baby big now and want to fall asleep. Mind you, I haven't done anything like this since I started 6 weeks ago and have been eating under or just above my calorie goal of 1200 a day and exercising nearly every day. I am curious to see what will result from my overindulgence.
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    For me; spike days have been great! When I first started MFP I lost 10lbs in the first 2 weeks, but was a slow go from there. It was suggested to me to try a spike day where I double my calorie intake, skeptical at first but I tried it and having been losing steadily every week and I still get to eat, pizza, pasta, ice cream! The spike day pushed me past my plateau and I would never look back!
  • ttck4eva
    Options
    1st spike day for me today so we'll see