Well, here goes!

Options
Hi, my name is Lexi, I am trying to get more serious about getting fit and eating healthy, I don't have a ton of weight to lose, I would love it if I lost 15 lbs.... But I just feel like I have really begun to let myself go and I need to get it under control.
I have an 18 month old daughter and I have lost all my pregnancy weight and maintained my current weight for a year.
I just really feel like I need to tone up and lose some of the extra weight I carry around! I just started the 30 day shred and I am on day 4. I weighed myself this morning,I know I probably shouldn't of, and I had gained 1.5 lb! What?! I would be lying if I said I wasnt discouraged... I have been so sore since starting the work out, especially my calves, I guess I don't normally do that much jumping!?

I am going to stick with it, because I know that after only 4 days I can't possibly know what the results will be like after 30 days.

I am really beginning to be discouraged about the last 15, I feel like after a year of being stuck at this weight maybe I will never lose it! I don't know what to do! I have tried jogging, elliptical, spinning, now I am resorting to video work outs... Any one have any advice for losing these last lbs?!?

Hopefully I can make some friends on here and have some support!

Replies

• joannemayhead
    Options
    All sorts of things affect the numbers on the scales so don;t be discouraged - your body is adjusting to your new habits.
    Good luck in your weight loss journey!
    Joanne
  • tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi and good luck

They say the less you have to lose the harder it is. Also that your body fights to get you back to what it considers your normal weight - that you have to 'maintain' for quite a while to convince your body of your new weight

stick it out and good luck
  • manabita110
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Could be many factors. Diet, too much or not enough, type of foods you are eating...hormones might be still adjusting from the pregnancy...or it just may take time for your body to up the metabolism. Just keep eating healthy and getting exercise in and don't get discouraged.
  • lauralunn
    Options
    Hi Lexy,
    My advice to you is to keep working out and tracking the food you consume on fitness pal. I suggest calculating your BMR and set a calorie goal, as long as you burn more calories than you consume you will lose weight.
    Don't be discouraged about your weight as it fluctuates during the day, just think about the end goal and the inches that come off your body.

Also its not just about the calories you eat, you could be eating candy and junk all the time ( not saying you are) but still managing to stay under your calorie goal, that will not make you lose weight. So ensure you have a balanced diet throughout the day, and i suggest changing up your meals once in a while so you are not getting bored with the same healthy meals.
  • Coco_puff901
    Coco_puff901 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Lexy,

I would say give it a few more days... I seem to be in the same boat though and I can relate. Someone recently suggested I might not be eating enough, since I tried to stay at the same calorie amount and was not adding in my calories that I was burning off ... I'm trying to aim for 1400 calories a day. How is your diet been ? Don't get discouraged, it's definitely too soon for that !! :)
    Good luck !
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    maybe something in this blog will help: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/H_Factor/view/breaking-a-plateau-170648

I'm also sending you a FR as my daughter is named Lexi....