For the ladies

Options
shanlynt
shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
What do you typically spend on a bra? I've spent upwards of $150 which is absolutely ridiculous but some of us ahem need a more supportive one. I am so jealous of girls who can buy a $20 bra.

Replies

• MotorCityFemmeFatale
    Options
    50-70, I try to look for a sale and prefer Victoria's Secret.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    You spend $150 on one bra? What is it gold plated? The most I've ever spent is about $50.
  • hsmithway
    Options
    I'm a C-cup, so I can usually get away with the $20 bras. Though once I splurged on a bra from Victoria's Secret, and I think I'll do that again once I get down to my goal weight.
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    I have retarded boobs so I have to buy ones with removable padding so they get a bit pricey. The most has been $75.
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I've never even seen a $150 bra. I think you should model one for us cuz it must be awesome. I'm a C cup, and have never spent over $25, but I always wait for sales.
  • Rodgers2008
    Options
    Depends on the brand but usually 12 or 15.
  • Stephanie191991
    Options
    I'm a D-cup and I pay $9 to $10 the highest I've payed was $15
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    $35 currently and BOGO if Macy's has it, but in the past $80-90 at the most in my quest for the perfect bra.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm a double DD at the moment and I won't pay over £20 ($30), I'm sure I spent more on bras when I was smaller, maybe because they then acted as some kind of fancy display rather than a device to pin them down so I can see my feet like now.
  • leeann788
    leeann788 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    well, I've spent about $50 for a good strapless for a wedding, but normally about $20/25 for me. Unfortunately I'm not well endowed...an A cup at best, :blushing: , so I don't need the support.
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I tend to only spend 10-20. I actually need a new bra - I'm losing around that area and so my old bras don't fit right. It's rather frustrating since I'm an A-cup already. I can't lose anymore! Haha
  • seekingthepatienceofjob
    Options
    50-70, I try to look for a sale and prefer Victoria's Secret.

Same!
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I must be the cheapest person here! The lowest I've ever spent on a bra was $5 and it lasted for a LONG time...the most I've spent was about 12-15..
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm a DDD so I don't have a ton of options as far as stores go, I usually try to hit Lane Bryant's "buy two get two free" sales so they work out to be about $20 each
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    well, I've spent about $50 for a good strapless for a wedding, but normally about $20/25 for me. Unfortuanately I'm not well endowed...and A cup at best, :blushing: , so I don't need the support.

I feel you! I don't need support so much as I need padding to give the illusion of something. LOL
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    The last one was 'only' $75 and no, you definately don't want me to model it for you, too frightening.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    Shan, will you model for me ;)
  • soulshineblue
    Options
    Normally I spend 25-30 and I wear a 34 D or a 32 DD right now, which is hard to find and I like cute bras. If I go someplace like Victoria's Secret they will have my size but it is pricier and I can't find much of anything decent at most dept stores. However, Dillard's sometimes has cute ones and last year I bought a bunch of really cute bras there on clearance for like 5.99 each!! I'm due to shop for some new ones again here soon!
  • Jessika_witha_k
    Options
    Aha! A topic I'm very familiar with.

I used to be a 36 H cup so let me tell you about needing supportive bras....

I also used to work at Victoria's Secret and they would try to fit me into a "D" cup which was the largest they carried in store at the time. Not happening - but I often saw them trying to fit women with large breasts into a smaller size saying things like "it gives you more push - up" or "increase the band decrease the cup" yadda yadda *personally you're buying the brand NOT a good, supportive bra when you buy from VS - if you're full busted.

I then got a gig in the lingerie dept. of Dillards who sent me to bra school (hahaha) and taught us how to properly size and what bras are best. They have some AMAZING full figure bras for $50 reg. price and when they go on sale you can get bras for $10 (yes, even full figure).

Also, you should have the girls size you because there's a high percentage of women who are wearing the wrong size (I was one of them).

Since then I've had a reduction (in 2009) - I was a C cup after the surgery and now I'm a full 38D. I don't spend more than $20 on a bra (I wait for them to go on sale at the department stores).
  • blissmanifesto
    Options
    I have a small rib cage and full bosom, so I am hard to fit. I can only buy certain brands that actually have my size. I'll typically spend at least $50 but I've spent up to about $75, if I recall. I would spend $150 if I had to, but thank goodness it never got that bad. Why'd you spend so much? Did you have to? Are you a hard-to-fit size or something? Or was it more of a fun, luxury-type thing, which would be totally understandable.