Eye twitching

Options
My eyes have been randomly twitching for a few weeks now. I think it has to do with my new "lifestyle change" (aka MFP). is this happening to anyone else? It's really making me nervous...

Replies

• jeccalou
    jeccalou Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Do have increased stress in your life.?
    I had terrible twitchies last year. It was driving me crazy, and it only happened at work. I changed departments and it improved immediately.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    go see a doctor if anything happens for longer then a week or two. It may or may not be related.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    go see a doctor if anything happens for longer then a week or two. It may or may not be related.

it's already been a couple of weeks...
  • anabell31
    Options
    I was always told it was a SEVERE lack of sleep. The muscles in your eyes are way too tired. Try some cucumber slices, cold green tea bags, refrigerated spoons, etc (and a nap). And of course go to the doctor if it's worrying you.
  • AngelEyes127
    Options
    I have had this happen to me on multiple occasions.

It could be caused by stress, lack of calcium, and lack of sleep. Make sure you drink your 8 glasses of water a day and take a multivitamin to make sure your getting your nutrients. Also try to eat 5-6 fruits and vegetables a day for a week and get some lean protein in as well. This should help! Good luck! :)
  • designkid78
    Options
    It happens to me all the time when I'm not getting enough sleep. It happens sometimes when I get stressed out too (or a combination of both). I never took it as anything to worry about, it's just annoying.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    low calcium or magnesium... OR... can also be caused by aspartame (sp??) (artificial sweetener in a lot of diet products).
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    low calcium or magnesium... OR... can also be caused by aspartame (sp??) (artificial sweetener in a lot of diet products).

i could see the low calcium and magnesium but i do not consume artificial sweeteners.

re: fruits and vegetables - I am a lifelong vegetarian...i eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, and i do not consume soy

its happening randomly during the day but with much more frequency..
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    This will happen to me at the most random times! espesh while I'm talking to people, It makes me feel kinda crazy 0_o

I do know it started once I had a very high incress in stress, and that seems to be what triggers it
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    it can also be a potassium deficiency...eat a banana
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It happens to me when I worry about money. So, I would agree with the above poster who said STRESS!
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have had an eye twitch--just my left eye--for three years now. I asked my optometrist about it when it had been going on for a few months. I was sixteen. He said it was probably stress (then asked me what I was doing to be so stressed at sixteen!). But it gets worse when I'm sleep deprived or have a LOT of work, which tend to go hand in hand.
    It's never caused me any problems, though, it's just a minor annoyance.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You are either stressed out or tired, that's all. I work in the eye business.
  • MishaSS
    Options
    Get some potassium! bananas!
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    You are either stressed out or tired, that's all. I work in the eye business.

I am neither. this happens daily (for something like 3 weeks now) - its happening right now and it wont stop...
  • Shannafo
    Shannafo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I used to work in the eye business and our doc always told everyone with this question it is either a) too much stress b) not enough sleep or c) too much caffeine or a combination of all three
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    you need sleep and/or iron supplements!
  • LeahFerri
    LeahFerri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am neither. this happens daily (for something like 3 weeks now) - its happening right now and it wont stop...

It may happen (I base this on personal experience) without your actually feeling tired or stressed. Your body may be tired or stressed in ways that your mind isn't. For example, your body could be stressed due to lowered caloric intake--evolutionarily, caloric deficit is a stressful thing. So in that way it could be related to your change in dietary habits. But the likelihood that it's serious is relatively small, I think.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options

It may happen (I base this on personal experience) without your actually feeling tired or stressed. Your body may be tired or stressed in ways that your mind isn't. For example, your body could be stressed due to lowered caloric intake--evolutionarily, caloric deficit is a stressful thing. So in that way it could be related to your change in dietary habits. But the likelihood that it's serious is relatively small, I think.

it never happened like this until i started MFP and monitoring everything i eat... i've been here since january 20th. its driving me mad.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! 0_o Am I glad to hear I am not the only one!!! Ive been super stressed and now it's only happening more often!! It's funny because you feel like the other people should notice but nope..u r the only crazy one..lol!!
    I can sympathize