Heart rate monitor

Options
Any one here use a heart rate monitor? Mine broke and I need to buy a new one. Which one is your favorite and why?

Replies

• tinastanley
    tinastanley Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i have the polar FT7 for women and I love it!!
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar FT4 for my daughter for Christmas. She loves it. I just ordered one for myself from eBay. Hope to get it in the next week. I hear they are very easy to operate and have batteries which can be owner replaced. Some of them have to be sent away for new batteries.
  • MaggieMae1214
    Options
    I've never used a HRM before, but I recently got the Polar FT7. I find it to be very user friendly, and am really enjoying it. I have only had it for about a week, so I can't tell you how I'll feel long term, but I think I saw others on here give that particular model a good review. Good luck!
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have a Suunto M4 which I love - it has a fitness plan and tells you what days you should exercise and how long for. You can also have 'free exercise' instead. It tells you the calories you have burned and your average and peak heart rates.

When you first start you enter your weight and it also calculates a maximum heart rate for you when you have added your resting heartrate. They come in quite attractive colours (mine is pink and black) and are nice enough to wear as a watch.

They have a dual wireless chest belt and can also link up with certain gym machinery to display your heart rate on them as well
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    The batteries in the Suunto watch and belt are easily changed - they are 2032s
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and love it. I like the adjustable chest strap is very comfy I forget it's there most of the time. I like that it reminds me once a week to check weight and hit certain goals such as time worked out and getting my heart rate up into the zones. I love the nice pink color of the watch. I have to admit though that I don't how much the features vary from the FT4 which is cheaper since I got mine as a gift.
  • drop30lbs
    drop30lbs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bought the MIO Drive about a month ago however whenever I work out hard and my heart rate is high, it doesn't register. It is very frustrating and unreliable. I'm going to invest in the Polar FT7 when I get back from vacation. Everyone says that the chest strap is the only accurate way to go. I was too cheap.
    Now I am wondering if the chest strap that came with my ellipical would talk to my MIO to make it useful and save me some money.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 is the most reasonably priced for what you get. I have bought 2 of the same model now...only because I lost my first one. Its super easy to program and use. It has never messed up on me either. :)

(The bronze one is the female one, the silver one is the guys)

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-FT4F-Heart-Monitor-Watch/dp/B0031ZK84E
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 crappy HRM so this time I went for the BodyMedia Fit armband (LiNK edition sync's with my phone). It isn't a heart rate monitor-- it's much more -- but it collects all the calories I burn throughout the entire day and tells me when I'm burning low, moderate, or intense etc.

I hear great things about the Polar FT7 from other members
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I purchased a Polar FT40 last year to replace my old Polar (which didn't calculate calories burned) and I :heart: the FT40.
  • GiiaSoCrazii
    GiiaSoCrazii Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    So glad for this post bc i am going to invest in a HRM this weekend...i am sensing that the Polar FT7 is a good investment so i think that is what i will get. I really need to keep track of my daily stats bc i am in the dark about them.
  • bjfrezell
    Options
    Love my Polar FT7. I bought it last summer. I also bought one for my husband for his birthday and he loves his too. Believe me, you'll hardly notice the chest strap when you're exercising. Try to get it on sale, if you can. But for me, it was a great investment because I was either underestimating or overestimating how intense my workouts were. Now, I have a better gage for how I'm doing.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    i too have a ft4 and it's a great hrm. If I were ever to buy another one, I'd prob get the ft7 though, as it has better functions. but in saying that the ft4 does the job.