protein day

Options
anyone do a protein only day...and if so, what is the result for you?

Replies

• mrsbrightside4
    Options
    I used to, nothing really changed. I just upped my protein per day and noticed SUCH a difference!
  • tenax
    tenax Posts: 97
    Options
    congrats on your weight loss success, by the way:) can you elaborate on what more protein does for u?
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I tried doing carb cycling and quit...lol. One day I pretty much only had protein. It was very hard to do. I didnt notice a change except in my mood which wasnt good. So I stopped. I have upped my protein by about 75% since September and stil really dont see much of a change myself. So I'd like to know too. I know it's "supposed" to work but....
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    congrats on your weight loss success, by the way:) can you elaborate on what more protein does for u?

Protein is the building block required for maximizing the creation of muscle tissue. I consume between 1 and 1.25 grams of protein per day per pound of lean body weight. I have about 180 lbs of LBM, so I eat between 180 and 220 grams of protein. When I do this and stay under my calorie goal (along with strength training and being smart about carb intake) I build muscle, burn off fat and lose weight.
  • tenax
    tenax Posts: 97
    Options
    wow..thats way higher protein level than i thought might be a good idea. interesting..