looking for 50 or older friends

Options
Hi, I am looking for friends that are 50 to share tips and motivate each other. I am currently 190 and want to lose 40 pounds.

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'm 49.... does that count? :) There are a lot of us 50-ish around here! Welcome!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I am startng again on my journey to eating healthier. I am 53, right now my goal is 30 lbs, I could easily stand to lose 60 lbs but I'll worry about the next 30 later...I would love to help and also always need support from other...thanks
  • lydiareg
    lydiareg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50 last month. I am also just starting today on MFP. Ive been a lifetime member of a weight loss program, but have not been at goal in a long time. I tried the "new" version of that program for a year now and basically lost nothing - just went up and down with the same few pounds. Previously I had lost 16 pounds on their older program in about 8 months. SOOOOOO, I've been thinking about giving something like MFP a try and count calories instead of points. I'm looking forward to being successful!
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just turned 54, so glad that you are here. If there is ever anything I can do let me know. Feel free to add me if you wish :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 53. I need to lose quite a bit more weight than you do. I have found many friends of all ages on here. I value each of them but my friends who are closer to my age have different life expreiences and can relate to much of what's happening in my life. If you'd like send me a friends request.
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and have about 40 more pounds to lose. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • gottagethealthy
    gottagethealthy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 54 and want to lose at least 50. I agree that people of the same age range run into the same problems add me if you'd like.
  • cajunlady56
    cajunlady56 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    sure it counts - since I am 50ish LOL
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and am losing weight on the 17 Day Diet. Feel free to Friend-Request me, let's all give each other support and motivation for the 50+ set!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice
  • 52by54
    52by54 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 52 and have 50 to lose.
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have the same stats and am 51. Lost 39 so far with 40 to go.
  • toofatgrandie
    Options
    Add me looks like we have the same goal. I'm 53 and slowing down. Had to say UNCLE to the high impact excercise. Started MFP 2 weeks ago. Did lose 5 lbs so far. Hoping for at least 15 more.
  • love2bthin
    love2bthin Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hello

I will be 50 in December and would love to be your friend and we can support each other. I have 60 pounds to lose. Send me a friend request if you want:smile:
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm 52, 53 in May, and am 183 lbs now want to lose 40, I will add you :smile:
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    48 but thinking of my 50's even though I still feel 20! :happy:
  • jninepug
    jninepug Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 51 and currently weigh 224 (I've lost 18 lbs so far). I've got a long way to go. My goal is 170.
    :flowerforyou:
  • jang711
    jang711 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 59 soon to be 60 would love to be counted among your new friends, send a request.
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I also joined a group on here for 40's and 50's, think its called fit and fabulous 40's and 50's, Im hoping my memory gets better as I lose weight and get fitter!
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and have lost 43 lbs over the last 11 months. Also have a group of older woman at :
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/320-woman-of-a-certain-age

Feel free to friend me but please leave a message and join the group as well if you wish :wink:
  • Whimpy10
    Options
    Hi, I am looking for friends that are 50 to share tips and motivate each other. I am currently 190 and want to lose 40 pounds.
    I would love eto be friends. I am 49 weighed in at 189 pounds and want to go to down to 144. I am a RN and am really struggling with thte exercise. I am on face book as Ellen Lisbon Merrell. May be we could encourage each other and share ideas.