Help! I need some kindred spirits!

Options
Hello! I'm in serious need of some calorie counting buddies. Am I the only one who gets excited about starting something new, but soon starts to lack motivation? I have a feeling I'm not alone. I need some people to keep me motivated and I will do the same for you. ;)

I'm a full-time teacher and mother of three busy children. For far too long I've been neglecting the simple steps to healthy living: counting calories, portion control and exercise.

Now, I'm turning over a new leaf (again!) LOL

Replies

• JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Request Sent!
  • comicsmaniac
    Options
    Hahaha I understand trying to start over and over again! I think I'm in the same boat-- let's be motivation buddies!

My name is Vy. I'm a cartoonist-blogger at http://ithinkincomics.wordpress.com/ and a full-time college student. I'm trying to lost the "freshman fifteen" that I gained my first semester and would really just like to feel fit and healthy. Let's do this! :smile:
  • classicalcrespin
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! I can't seem to stay excited when there aren't people to be excited with. Let's keep each other motivated!
  • rhondalynnkent
    Options
    Hello , Welcome I am new here. I know the feeling . Good luck too you I need it & support from others !!!
  • bex_86_
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, you'll find lots of amazing people here and tonnes of support & motivation :)
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am a 45 year old mom to three busy boys. Feel free to add me and I will do what I can to support you.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • geenabug
    geenabug Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started Jan 5 and have lost 24#. I haven't done anything drastic. Mostly eating in moderation. I would love to have additional buddies!!!!
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    Yay! So glad to see you here, we are in the same boat. Im excited, new, nervous, and all you mentioned, but this is the best decision I have made in a long time. Get on board! (Im a teacher as well, lol)
    Add me!
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request... I am a teacher too and have three boys.
  • tiacarrera
    tiacarrera Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! Im in a similar situation...I put everyone else first and now I need to discipline myself and take care of me! You can add me if you need friends to motivate you..I have 3 kids too! Happy living!
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    Yay! So glad to see you here, we are in the same boat. Im excited, new, nervous, and all you mentioned, but this is the best decision I have made in a long time. Get on board! (Im a teacher as well, lol)
    Add me!
  • CSummers316
    Options
    If there is one hing that this community does not lack, it is friendly, energetic people. Lots of people on here are going to be able to help keep you motivated! Welcome aboard.
  • aduhaime
    Options
    Accepted! Thanks!
  • jwenick
    jwenick Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Could always use more friends!!! Welcome...and...Good Luck!
  • KP5555
    KP5555 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    request sent... I am in the same boat..... Father of three.... Full time Corr. Ofc. I have to shed some pounds also...
  • jasonsurmillon
    jasonsurmillon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add!