DELETED SEVERAL FRIENDS

Options
Today was a sad day for me as I deleted several people from my friends list. Some were deleted because they hadn't been on MFP in a while and others because I haven't received the encouragement from them as they have from me. Hated to see you go, but I'm serious about getting rid of my extra baggage. I only want friends who are as serious about this as I am.

Replies

• FinerthanB433
    Options
    Glad I made the cut, girl! Sorry I have not been around lately, but I am back again to support you! You are doing such a wonderful job! Keep it up, sis!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    gotta trim the fat even thou it tastes good
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Completely understandable. If you are going to put forth the effort to encourage and cheer folks on, you might as well spend that effort where the investment is most likely to show a return.
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    Sis, you knew you would make the cut!!!
  • twynzmom
    Options
    gotta trim the fat even thou it tastes good

It felt good to delete!!!!
  • twynzmom
    Options
    Completely understandable. If you are going to put forth the effort to encourage and cheer folks on, you might as well spend that effort where the investment is most likely to show a return.

You said a mouthful there!! I do try to be encouraging and love to get feedback on my efforts! You've been a great friend!
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm not on your friends list, but I have several on my list who make the same declaration on occasion. At first I thought, "Wow, I would feel bad if someone decided I was unworthy and cut me." But over the months I've come to realize that I don't want those people anyway and if they ever cut me, oh well. I've been down with a back injury for a month, and just when I was able to start working out again, spilled liquid on my laptop. It's been out of commission for a week now. I felt pretty bad when I couldn't work out.. Depressed... And reading everyone else's workouts just made me feel worse, so I didn't comment much. And having to use my cell phone app is difficult because it's hard to see. I have come to appreciate my TRUE friends who know me well enough and care about me enough to realize me being MIA is a temporary thing and didn't just cut me because I wasn't validating every calorie they burned or everything they ate.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    We got your back, Janet. The only reason I delete anyone is if they have not logged on for more than 3 weeks. They are usually ones that opened an account and didn't fill out their information (sometimes not even a picture).
    On occasion I have deleted a few that were very young and immature. I just don't have time to deal with that., leave that for facebook.

I don't care if people respond to my posts and I don't catch everyone on my wall. If I see your posts, I will "high 5" you. Everyone is busy and logs and comments when they can, as I do.
    That being said, I have met and befriended some really nice people.
  • tboothgenthe
    Options
    Gotta do what you gotta do...

I have twins - trying to lose the weight I gained from that pregnancy in 2001!! Now's the time. I now have 4 kids but only 1 set of twins.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Done the same. Onward and upwards. Those I kept will get a better me :o)