Cost of eating healthy-advice needed

Options
As a university student, funds aren't exactly unlimited. I can't just spend it however I like. But, I try and I want to eat healthy.

Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to do this while staying on a budget?

Replies

• sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    There is a p90x shopping list for Walmart with some great healthy items at a very reasonable price. Try this link.

http://www.mygames4girls.com/games/dress-up/emilie-jolie-dress-up.html
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    The following things are inexpensive and healthy: plain nonfat yogurt (doesn't have to be the fancy Greek stuff), eggs, carrots, celery, onions, bananas, apples, heads of lettuce, canned fish, dried beans, lentils, in-season fruits and vegetables.

If you have an Asian grocery store nearby do your produce shopping there; it will cost you one-third the price!

Do you have access to a full kitchen?
  • chunkybear
    chunkybear Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried shopping with a friend? You can often buy larger quantities at a cheaper rate and split the cost between you.
  • dmcw19
    dmcw19 Posts: 129
    Options
    I use shakes for breakfast and lunch. It seems more expensive at first, but then you realize that around $2 for each meal is pretty cheap. It also cuts my meal planning time. Message me if you have questions.

Have a good night:)

Dana