Breakfast suggestions for 1 and/or on the go?

Options
Hey MFPers. What's your favorite breakfast to have during the work week?? I am getting tired of my organic oatmeal or plain ole egg beaters for breakfast. Bored already, need a little pick me up!!

Replies

• ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i took a thomas bagel thin, 1/2 cup of egg beaters, and 1 laughing cow french onion cheese wedge and make a scrambled egg bagel sandwich. its about 220 calories.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I love Jimmy Dean delights breakfast sandwiches....fast and tasty.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I eat the same things for breakfast:
    1. oatmeal
    2. multi grain cheerios
    3. toast with peanut butter
    4. breakfast sandwiches
    5. left overs
    6. Fruit- grapefruit or smoothie

yeah that's about it. I am not too creative and don't mind the same things over and over.
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have been taking a couple of slices of turkey and a couple of slices of cheese and rolling them up together and eating them! I am not a huge breakfast person, but this is quick and easy.
  • lolemmerz
    Options
    honey nut cheerios with half a banana sliced up in it, whole wheat wrap with scrambled egg whites & 2 tbsp of salsa, or plain oatmeal with a spoonful of peanut butter and half a banana mixed in<3 mmmmm bananas.
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Maybe your oatmeal is too plain. I never eat mine without a dollop of dark chocolate peanut butter, and occasionally I add half a teaspoon of Hershey's dark chocolate chips - 7.5g which comes out to far more chips than you'd imagine :happy:
  • ladybug1951
    ladybug1951 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I normally eat breakfast if possible. When at home which is about 4-5 mornings a week I choose from:
    1. Oatmeal and add about a tsp of dried blueberries, cherries or cranberries and put a tsp of butter in it.
    2. Egg (scrambled or fried with PAM), 1 peice of sausage (2 oz) or bacon (1-2 slices)
    3. Try to add a fruit in either with cherrios or by itself.
    4. Rice Krispies
    5. Grits
    6. Pancakes (2) using low fat healthy Bisquik. Put either Cary syrup on it or applebutter or jello. May add butter or may use spray butter.
    7. French toast (2 slices of bread that is 40 calories or 1 multigrain and
    8, ALWAYS coffee!

Basically most of my breakfast are about 230-350 calories of my 1200 calories and I attempt to have appx the same at lunch with the remainder for supper. Since Dec 31st when I began have lost almost 9 pounds. I exercise appx 3 times a week for 40 minutes at a time if possible!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Yeah, leftovers, as ratherbeskiing said. I do that a lot. (it also makes the logging easy, just all foods and recently added).

Another thing I've been doing recently is something I read about on here, which is to put some eggs (or egg beaters) in muffin tins in slices of lunch meat to make little cups. Very tasty.
  • appyfan
    Options
    I usually have a combination of string cheese, greek yogurt, oranges, & bacon (I buy the Walmart brand hickory smoked, 2 slices = 90 calories), which I precook the night before.
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats:

1/2 cup rolled oats
    1 cup almond milk (unsweetened vanilla)
    5 strawberries cut-up

I put it all in a mason jar and let it sit overnight. In the morning the oats are soft and ready to eat. More refreshing version of oatmeal b/c it's cold and perfect for summer. You could do any variation of liquid/ fruit. I just like the vanilla almond milk and strawberries because it tastes like strawberries and creme. Yum! Very very low calorie, low sugar, and filling. I've had it for breakfast every day this past week and I'm not tired of it yet
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Those overnight oats look fricken amazing! I'm wishing I saw this before I made a trip to the grocery store after the gym so I could buy the stuff to try it out. You are my hero for the week.

My normal breakfast is spent driving to the office in my squad. That only consists of:

Nature Valley Granola Bar (I vary the type because all of them are amazing)
    Banana

Nothing exciting but it puts me at just under 300 calories and I have no issue with staying full until lunch.
  • bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Left over pizza or a whey shake. Milk, Ice cubes, whey, banana, peanut butter, greens first veggie powder, blender
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Sleep in!
    Skip breakfast!
    Intermittent Fast!

The only way to fly!
  • JWolf7911
    JWolf7911 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Those overnight oats sound great!
  • shrdlicka23
    Options
    Here are my normal breakfast options:

1. Ezekiel Toast with jam, egg, fruit, coffee
    2. English muffin with turkey, egg and cheese and a piece of fruit and coffee
    3. Green Monster and an egg or spoon of peanut butter
    4. Coconut Milk Blueberry yogurt with a tbsp of flax meal and toast with PB
    5. Flatbread burrito with egg, turkey, cheese and random veggie and a piece of fruit
  • MariaLynn123
    MariaLynn123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the option of sleeping in! My 5yo and work do not allow though! :)
  • MariaLynn123
    MariaLynn123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions!! Great ideas, so excited to try those rolled oats :)
  • aiyana1228
    aiyana1228 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I usually do old fashioned oats with Silk Coconut milk (4 oz) with a handful of blueberries, half a banana and 2-3 strawberries. Its beautiful, healthy and filling. Today (we are doing biggest looser at work) someone brought in peperidge farms whole grain mini bagels and apple butter. I ate one of those and a white chocolate rasberry yogurt. This would be very portable. 100 for the bagel, 30 for T of apple butter and 60 for the yogurt. If its portability that you need: I also used to make a crutless quiche and take a square of it. This worked out better when I did the low carb thing but I am sure you could make it work.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the option of sleeping in! My 5yo and work do not allow though! :)

My ultimate breakfast when I used to have it was...

Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt 1cup
    1/2 cup fresh strawberries
    1/4 cup crushed almonds
    1/4 cup steel cut oats (soaked in the yogurt overnight)

Protein + Complex carb + simple carb + essential fat = Not hungry for about 4 hours.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I love the steel cut oats. I make a batch in the slow cooker with apples, little brown sugar & cinnamon. Makes the house smell delicious. It keeps in the fridge then i bring a bowl in to work in the morning. One batch will last me all week.

This week i made the spice muffins that someone posted on here. They are 94 calories a muffin so i have been bringing in 2 muffins with a hard boiled egg and coffee.

If i am home, i make scrambled eggs with 1 egg and 2 egg whites and a little bit of cheese. I like to wrap in a tortilla and eat it that way.