Any ideas please!

Options
I have started to notice how unhappy I am with the way I look more and more. It used to not bother me that much but now I am really down about it. I would love to work out like I should but I get so bored with it so quickly. Does anybody have any ideas to help me stay motivated??

Replies

• MJBez
    MJBez Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I totally understand!
    Zumba!!! I just got home from Zumba. It is soo much fun and is an amazing workout! (I burn over 550 cals an hour) I go twice a week and hit the gym on my own and do weights and cardio at least one more day a week. The key is to vary what you do. Don't plan to do the same thing day after day, week after week. That's boring! I typically do treadmill, weights, then elliptical on my days at the gym for a total of about 80 mins. The variation keeps me interested and I don't always do the same wieghts each day. Find a class or an activity you enjoy and go with it!
  • Fertigolbitties
    Options
    Don't you have to have rhythm for Zumba?
  • klhinrichsen
    klhinrichsen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wii Dance-3. I do this with my daughters. We all have a great time and sweat our rear quarters off.
  • MJBez
    Options
    Ha, NO!!! I don't think I have much rhythm but it is so fun anyways! In the Zumba class I go to, there are so many people at different levels! I always tell myself that no one is there to look at me so who cares if I do perfectly! I just go to get sweaty and have fun. It is truly the most fun I have ever had working out!
    ps. I do not (never) dance, I have no dance history and I can catch on just fine! You just gotta try it to know!
  • Fertigolbitties
    Options
    I am going to have to look into that tomorrow!
  • MJBez
    Options
    I am going to have to look into that tomorrow!

Yes do! and let me know how it goes!!! :flowerforyou:
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    It's warm enough here to start riding bikes again
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    i've done zumba i can tell you i'm really bad but i get all sweaty by the end of class and i just don't care if anyone sees me i'm having fun. plus its great for the abs
  • nxcguy
    nxcguy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Its not what you do for that one hour per day. Its what you do for the remaining 23
  • AceyFaceX
    Options
    Just take it slow at first. I find that trying to jump into the entire pool at once is not helpful. Quitting things cold turkey makes it more difficult... I just slowly cut back on sugar and I gradually lessen my calorie intake. Also, exercising every day helps to get you in the habit. Good luck! (:
  • elyseology
    elyseology Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I work out with my best friend. She is really in shape and it is almost embarrassing to go work out with her, but at the same time she is what I aspire to look like. So with her always by my side, not only do I have someone to keep me company (because yes it is extremely boring to work out :yawn: ), but I also have a motivator to help keep me driven.
  • pisceschild
    pisceschild Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So embarrassing. Lost a ants size last year and hear I am w ten more pounds! I (actually my husband goes w me) have started going to Zumba classes. There were so many people they had to move from small town VFW to the Moose Lodge! There are people of all ages and abilities, but I also like to think that if I do it too well the first time I have no reason to work harder. This is my first post ever I hope it will keep me on track!
  • proudmami1138
    proudmami1138 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Zumba, Spin, Pilates ... really try every class available! Classes are what keep me motivated to go to the gym. I currently go to the gym at least 5 days a week and always go to a class ... mostly Zumba (4 times a week). I also run but I do that with a run group that meets at my gym 2 times a week. I can't get on a machine and get a good workout b/c I get bored within 10 minutes. Try Zumba ... you won't be disappointed.