Do you count your supplements?

Options
I take a lot of supplements throughout the day. Vit c, B complex, acai berry (no idea if it works, but why not try!) multivit, flax oil, fish oil, vit d, etc etc Some of them have 10 or 15 calories in it and I double up on a lot of them (under dr's watch) Should I even bother counting them though? Do you?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Yup! Calories are calories. My fish oil is around 50 cals
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    If it has calories, I count it.
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yep, I do
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I scanned all of mine today and the only thing they added to my diary was more sodium :| BUT no extra calories!
  • amandasue1107
    amandasue1107 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just added it today, I figured it couldn't hurt!
  • andreacord
    Options
    Yeah, I put mine in my diary just as a reminder that I took them but none of them have any calories.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    yep!
  • Mygypsysoul
    Mygypsysoul Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't. My multivitamin is only 15 calories so I don't bother. It's the only thing I don't count.
  • klhinrichsen
    klhinrichsen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    it is good that you take supplements. Most of the time, women are too low in their intake of Calcium so important to have if you are not meeting your daily intake with food. If you are trying to lose weight, everything that has calories should be logged.
  • MinaAriel
    MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yep. I like to track my nutrients. I take a prenatal, vitamin d, calcium and fish oil. I need to get Vit A and C from food so I like to see where I stand. Besides, calories are calories.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Yes i do. If it goes through my mouth and down my throat, its counted.
  • jen3015
    Options
    I count them. I was bummed that my fish oil added another 2 grams of fat! It's all for a great goal ahead though!
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i log them because i like to keep an eye on the handful of vitamins mfp does track.

my daily calorie allowance is already pretty low, and 20 calories one way or another makes a difference, so what i eventually did was to knock up my daily budget by that amount to automatically include the supplements in my calorie goal. e.g., my supplements are 20 calories, my total is now 1220 instad of 1200 (actually 1250 because it's easier to do mental arithmetic with a nice round number). my rationale is that calories are calories, yes, but i'd be taking them no matter what, so....