FUSTRATED

Options
I STARTED TO LOSE WEIGHT LAST YEAR AS A NEW YEARS RESOLUTION.. AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR I DID AWESOME I LOST CLOSE TO 40LBS AND I MANAGED TO KEEP IT OFF BY WORKING OUT AND WATCHING WHAT I ATE. ONCE I STARTED THE FALL SEMESTER CLASSES IT SEEMS LIKE I WOULD GAIN WEIGHT AS THE STRESS LEVELS RAISED (BECAUSE OF THE CLASS WORK LOADS). SO I FINALLY FIGURED OUT MY WEIGHT GAIN ISSUE HAS TO DO WITH STRESS EATING.

ANYWHO I STARTED THIS YEAR WITH THE MENTALITY THAT I WAS GOING TO LOSE WHAT I GAINED BACK PLUS SOME ADDITIONAL CUSHION (NICE WORD FOR FAT). LATELY THOUGH THIS GOAL SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE I CANNOT GET BACK IN THE GROVE.

I GUESS I NEED SOME ENCOURAGING WORDS, I REALLY WANT TO GET BACK ON IT BUT LATELY I AM JUST IN THE FUNK AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN MYSELF FOR GAINING WHAT I LOST.......

HAS ANYONE GONE THRU THIS PHASE??????

Replies

• JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It is understandable that you are frustrated. I saw in your main profile that because of school/work/etc. that you have to eat out alot... I do too... I recommend TOTALLY staying away from sonic... they are horrible. I will sometime treat myself to a junior breakfast burrito for breakfast but the cals are so high and it isn't much food. Now, Chick fil a is a GREAT alternative. I know everyone always says "go to subway"... but Chick fil a is a my personal favorite. You can do the grilled chicken with a side salad or fruit and it is around 350/400 cals for the whole meal! I always do the light italian dressing on their salads... It is one of the healthiest "fast food" places to go. I know that isn't really what you were asking in your post, but thought I would throw that out there....

Hang in there, life gets complicated. You just need to find something that motivates you to be a "better you". getting mad at yourself will only add to your stress, in turn, continuing the cycle. Just remember to take this journey 1 day at a time... you got this! Add me if you want to... I love having friends that will encourage me that I can also encourage back!
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Been there.. done that.. got 15 t-shirts..

You can do this! - this site is amazing.. even if you only use the calorie counter and exercise counter..
    if you're looking for friends please add me - I'm learning that i cant do it myself and I welcome more friends to motivate me and for me to do some motivating as well.
  • Kattaway
    Options
    I am willing to bet MOST on this site have! As for me, I most certainly have. 8 years ago I was at 315 lbs, looking at weight loss surgery and then my insurance denied it . After awhile I decided to do it the hard way. Within 6 months I lost 62 lbs and and then my world come crashing down. I found out my husband was having an affair and I immediately quit working out, stopped dieting and gained it ALL back and then some, up to a whopping 341lbs!! As of tonights weigh in (I work nights in the ER) I am 309.8!! I started this journey almost 3 weeks ago, but I didnt weigh myself until week 2.

So yes, I am sure everyone has their own story to tell. But that's what we are here for... support and motivation! Add me as friend if you like.. we can all use it :)
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I think at some stage we all go through this some of the things I do to deal with this are

- Don't fight it for me that just makes it worse just go with it and really FEEL your frustation
    - write a list of what you have acheieved so far (not just weight related). I've included fitness, clothing sizes and even clothing colours, ie not just black anymore. Put this list some where you will see it everyday like your mirror
    - Think about how fantastic you feel after excercise and then go for a walk even if it just 5 minutes you will usually find once your out and about you'll feel like going further
    - Get a mental image of what you will look like at your goal weight, think about the sort of clothes you'd like to wear and some amazing event you would like to go to. Imagine yourself there in the perfect outfit (I sometimes do this to spur me on during a work out).
    - Change your thoughts even if you only do this once a day it is powerful. At the end of the day laying bed just before I fall asleep I make an effort to think about something positive. Sometimes it's just I am a a wonderful person type thoughts other times it "I will be a size... or I will weigh..." 5 minutes a day just before I fall asleep is usually all I need.

Some of these may work for you, some may not, this is just what I do when I feel like I am in a funk!
  • KlassicRed4U
    KlassicRed4U Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself! You have taken a break from the dieting and now it is time to get back on track. You have a fresh new year ahead of you here. I have been there and am also getting back into the "groove" of things. Have you seen the new Fitbit? Check it out at Fitbit.com. It is a great tool to help you get started and it works hand-in-hand with My Fitness Pal. If you have a smart phone you can even scan your food packages from yogurt, Weight Watcher's meals, etc. and it will even help you keep track of your calories. I try to keep my calories at 1200 per day and it seems to be working great. Try having fruit such as tangerines or raspberries and blueberries for your snacks. They are tasty and very low in calories. One big place I found I was racking up the calories was eating out. I have been packing my lunch and eating my food from home and it has helped. I have lost 11 pounds in two weeks and am so excited about my new Fitbit that my daughter told me about (she has one too and has lost 50 pounds in the past 4 months!) I bought the Just Dance games for my Wii and have been using those to get my exercise in. The Fitbit will tell you how many steps you have taken in a day and even converts that into miles. It has an activity flower that shows you how active you were for the day. The more active you are, the longer the stem on your flower will grow! It is a fun and easy way to help you stay motivated and help you keep track of things. You will look at things differently once you get into the habit of logging your calories and seeing the results that will follow. Hang in there, get busy and get started and you will be looking in the mirror at a whole new you this summer!
  • holliwood322
    holliwood322 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i just try to get thru 1 day. the day i am currently in. i do try to plan ahead a bit and figure out what i may be going to eat for breakfast and lunch. it does take a bit of thought. try making a list and shopping once a week. it saves a huge amount of time. if you are eating out, just think about that meal at the time. i tell myself "i can say no to this one meal." (the fried cheesy fries, etc.) and then make a good choice for that meal. you can do it again for the next. p.s. treat yourself now and then. NOT every day. drink lots of water, of course, keep it handy at all times. it does decrease your appetite. i am sure you have had lots of tips by now. those should be posted somewhere on a separate board!! keep at it. you can never give up!! good luck!!
  • MIKE1SS
    Options
    I STARTED TO LOSE WEIGHT LAST YEAR AS A NEW YEARS RESOLUTION.. AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR I DID AWESOME I LOST CLOSE TO 40LBS AND I MANAGED TO KEEP IT OFF BY WORKING OUT AND WATCHING WHAT I ATE. ONCE I STARTED THE FALL SEMESTER CLASSES IT SEEMS LIKE I WOULD GAIN WEIGHT AS THE STRESS LEVELS RAISED (BECAUSE OF THE CLASS WORK LOADS). SO I FINALLY FIGURED OUT MY WEIGHT GAIN ISSUE HAS TO DO WITH STRESS EATING.

ANYWHO I STARTED THIS YEAR WITH THE MENTALITY THAT I WAS GOING TO LOSE WHAT I GAINED BACK PLUS SOME ADDITIONAL CUSHION (NICE WORD FOR FAT). LATELY THOUGH THIS GOAL SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE I CANNOT GET BACK IN THE GROVE.

I GUESS I NEED SOME ENCOURAGING WORDS, I REALLY WANT TO GET BACK ON IT BUT LATELY I AM JUST IN THE FUNK AND I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN MYSELF FOR GAINING WHAT I LOST.......

HAS ANYONE GONE THRU THIS PHASE??????

cool car brother, check out ny5thgen.com you might dig it

I tried to find healthier snacks and food that I like also I watched the sodium to me that made a huge difference

dont quit brother you can do it hell if I could you could good luck
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    It's happened to me, you can get through it and get back to losing weight. You can do it ^_^.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself. If I would have done that 20 years ago, I wouldn't be in the mess I'm in... Now I need to forgive myself for messing up many times over, and I have. As a matter of fact, if I owned a time machine, I go back and tell me to forgive myself and begin again the next day so the next 100+ pounds don't happen!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    This happened to me. 6 months ago I was almost at my goal weight. Then I moved countries, gave up exercise, had little money and ate all the time! I didn't gain it ALL back but I'm now struggling again when all I had to do was maintain what I had already lost. I'm mad at myself, sure. But that doesn't stop me from trying again. I've now realised, thanks to aging, I will no longer be able to have a sedentary lifestyle where I can eat whatever I want (hello teens, early 20's). The reason I gained it all back was because I pretty much reached my goal so I thought "Phew, now that's over, bring me the pizza!". Sadly, this change has to be permanent. But I've accepted that now and live for cheat days! You can absolutely do this. Just take it one day at a time, be diligent with entering honestly into MFP and exercise 4 times minimum a week. You'll be there again before you know it and you will work out ways to maintain it. Good luck!