New to MFP, I need Support!!

Options
Hello, I am new to MFP. I am a 35 year old Female looking for support. I am a very busy mom to two teenage girls, and a Wife to a Wonderful and supportive husband, but I need MFP Supporters that know what it is like to have to watch every bite we put in our mouth. I would love to hear Sucess stories of MFP people. I hope it works for me. I have to loose 15 pounds but would like to strive for 25. I have been told by dr that I have High Blood pressure and I can drop it by dropping some pounds.
Thanks

Replies

• crawford4398
    crawford4398 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also new here, from Ga. And also have a very busy schedule. I have three little kids, I am a business owner. I have been logging a food diary with no exercise for 15 days and have already lots 8 pounds. I love the idea of being accountable to the site. I do intend to add exercise but really wanted to get the hang of this all first. Hope this helps.
  • amylynn2782
    amylynn2782 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also new! I am a 29 yr old stay at home mom of a 2 year old. I was told about 6 months ago I have high cholesterol an am about 20 lbs overweight. Today was my first day counting calories....whew........nice meeting y'all!
  • kd80538
    kd80538 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi JuJu,

First and foremost...congrats on your decision! MFP is my best friend! I'm a year into this journey, and have surpassed my original goal weight, and on my way to my final goal.

I'm 39, married mother of two...work fulltime (and then some), and quite honestly, am the healthiest I have ever been because of this site and my "family" here!

Starting Weight: 185 lbs
    Original Goal: 130 lbs
    Final goal: 120 lbs

My final goal is a flex goal...I wanted to give myself 5 lbs of wiggle room. However, I'm finding that my current weight fluxes between 122-125...and it seems to be stuck there. This may be my final weight, and I'm ok with that. A year ago, if you had asked me what my exercise routine was, it was walking downstairs to do laundry - and occasionally doing yard work. And my eating habits were in essence whatever I was in the mood for!

Fast forward a year later, and I'm now exercising 4-6 days a week. I do Kung Fu 3x a week, Tae Bo DVD at least once a week, and try to get a cardio gym day in, and if I can't, I do another Tae Bo DVD. I actually look forward to my workouts (most days) and feel kinda empty and blah when I don't have a moderate level of activity incorporated into the day.

My eating habits are so much better! I try to incorporate at least one fruit or vegetable (sometimes both) into every meal. And of late, I've been much more conscious of my overall nutrient balance. I've tried different methods in the past, but this time it's working, and I think it's because I've approached it with the understanding that I won't eat perfect every day, and that if this is going to work, it's got to fit MY life. So, I have days where I eat...this last weekend was an example of that...had fast food two meals in a row...and they tasted amazing! But I refused to feel guilty for it...I tracked the calories, and the next day, I was "ready" to be back in the normal swing of things with better choices!

Feel free to add me as a friend...I'm here to support anyone in any way that I can. I'm not perfect, but I've had some learnings along the way that have worked for me, and I'm happy to share. My diary is open, and I'm usually on here throughout the day.
  • swatchick22
    Options
    Welcome! You made a great choice joining MFP :-) I am SO glad that I did. It is nice having a website and friends to be accountable to. I enjoy having the large database that aids in tracking calories. I have been on here for a little over a month and have already lost 15ish pounds. Good luck and keep making those good decisions
  • rima933
    rima933 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am kinda new here too. I am 24 mother of 2. A 2.5 yr old girl and 7 month old boy. Currently on maternity leave and on my third week of insanity! I am also looking for support. Add me and we will support each other. I am looking to lose about 40 pounds. Last week i rediscovered my account here and realized im 20 pounds heavier since then. I am looking to lose this marriage and baby weight once and for all!
  • Alyscarpent
    Options
    Hi I'm pretty new here as well! Would love some support too! I totally understand about having to watch everything that goes in my mouth .. I feel I can just look at a cookie and gain... So far MFP has been a nice tool! I have lost 10 lbs. in a month! It really helps to keep you aware of what your eating..
  • JuJu2976
    Options
    Great Job, 10 pounds in one Month!!! I hope I can do the same!! Keep up the good work!!
  • SlimStacey74
    SlimStacey74 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi JuJu! Welcome to MFP! I think you will really love this site. It's addicting! LOL. I have it on my mobile phone also, which makes it super easy, as you can scan your food in instead of having to search for it :) I have been on here for about 30 days, and I have lost 15 lbs so far! The people are soo motivating and really nice! I need to lose about 70 more lbs, but I am hoping it won't take me forever to get there! Feel free to add me, I will help you in your journey in whatever way I can :) Stacey