Healthy Burgers ?

Options
I am a hamburger maniac !

any ideas for healthy burgers ??

also there was a new chain opening up that claims to be healthy burgers used to see the ads in the papers there was one in NYC but I can remember the name oif the chain

Replies

• theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Bison burgers aren't too bad and they taste SOO much better than regular burgers.
  • MIKE1SS
    Options
    I had them a while ago Ill try them again thnx
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    We make turkey burgers all the time. Just use ground turkey, grated carrots and zucchini mixed in with lots of spices. In the winter we cook them on a grill and in the summer the BBQ.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I am a hamburger maniac !

any ideas for healthy burgers ??

also there was a new chain opening up that claims to be healthy burgers used to see the ads in the papers there was one in NYC but I can remember the name oif the chain

Soy-free veggie burgers (typically with portabella mushrooms as an ingredient to give it a "beefy" feel) are amazing.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Google "Jamie Oliver Crackin Burger"

On Flax rolls with avocado they are only about 380cals a pop!
  • MIKE1SS
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, im going to look for bison burgers
  • blady135
    blady135 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ahhh I'm also hoping someone posts some magical healthy delicious burger. I want!
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    I take 99% fat free ground chicken and add grated onion to keep them moist and juicy.
    Depending on what kind of mood I am in I'll add a package of frozen chopped spinach (defrosted and squeezed of excess liquid), finely chopped mushrooms and oatmeal. For Mexican burgers I'll add bell peppers, onion, cilantro and a little fajita seasoning or Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime. Indian burgers cialntro, hot chili peppers and the onion with Indian spices (which if you aren't Indian like me and have all the spices at the ready you can go to the Indian market and can get a box mix of spices for making kebabs and it will work perfectly).

I have a bunch of vegetarian recipes and one of my faves is Guy Fieri's recipe (you can find it on the Foodnetwok page) he made the recipe for his sister.

And that place in NYC I think you are thinking about might be Good Health Burger.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Bison burgers aren't too bad and they taste SOO much better than regular burgers.

I agree, I just wish they were no soo expensive!
  • theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options

I agree, I just wish they were no soo expensive!

That part definitely sucks :(
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    turkey burger!
    make um with mushrooms to keep them moist
    add flavor enhancers like hot sauce, jalapeno's, onion, garlic, cheese, bread crumbs, or whatever you might want. and then add it together with your ground turkey meat with an egg or two egg whites.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    turkey burger!
    make um with mushrooms to keep them moist
    add flavor enhancers like hot sauce, jalapeno's, onion, garlic, cheese, bread crumbs, or whatever you might want. and then add it together with your ground turkey meat with an egg or two egg whites.

I'm eating at Skys!
    =D
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I love Bison burgers too! Now I want to go to Ted's...

If you want to make a burger at home you can cut your ground beef with ground turkey. It's good and lower in cals!
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Jenny O ground turkey that I season with mrs dash, salt free tony's and diced fresh jalapenos, I use Sargento reduced sodium pepper jack cheese and all the veggies you want. I eat them on oro wheat multi-grain sandwich thins. I also make alexia chipotle sweet potato fries. I usually eat 1 1/2 servings of the fries. There are 30 fries in a serving. The total meal is about 545 calories and that includes burger and fries. Compare that to a resturant burger which is almost 1000 cals for just the burger alone.
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I make zucchini turkey burgers and use grated zucchini and a cup of oatmeal. This way you can get at least 5 burgers out of a pound instead of the usual four.
  • MIKE1SS
    Options
    Im going to check out good health burger there supposed to be one opening here on LI
    Thanks
    I am going to give chk burgers a shot too
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    93% beef w/ Worcestershire to add back some juicy-ness.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Look at the calories and macros for the burger you would love to eat. Plan ahead and fit it into your day. Viola, now it's a healthy burger.
  • JanaMatchett
    JanaMatchett Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    venison (deer). Not sure you can get this in a store. We kill our own and process it. Maybe you should take up hunting.