Ideas for breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• jazzgnat
    jazzgnat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I found one on cooking light's website I really like.
    strawberry cream cheese sandwich
    -two slices of multi-grain bread
    -reduced fat cream cheese
    -sliced strawberries
    -honey

Just smear both pieces of the bread(I use sandwich thins for half the calories) with cream cheese, add a little honey and the sliced strawberries to each slice. Make it a sandwich and enjoy, It's really quick, taste amazing, and only 236 calories. I also do oatmeal or yogurt for variety but this is my favorite breakfast. You should check out http://www.cookinglight.com they have amazing recipes that will make you think your not even on a diet.
  • jwenick
    jwenick Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Egg white omlet with LOTS of fresh vegies (onions, green pepper, broccli, etc) and a little cheese. Add in half an english muffin and a smidge of peanut butter and you'll be full for h o u r s !!!!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I cook an egg in the microwave - 1 minute - in a cereal bowl, which makes it the perfect size to fit on one of those thin buns to make a sandwich (toasted) - I usually put some type of veg in with my egg - some chopped up brocolli or spinach or tomato - salsa sometimes - then I either put a little bit of super hot pepperjack cheese on it, or spread a laughing cow wedge on -

OR - I have steel cut oats and mix in some fruit and vanilla yogurt (I put the oats, water and frozen peaches in the slow cooker overnight, then add a T of yogurt when I eat it in the AM - so delicious!) - google 'slow cooker steel cut oats' and there are some good recipes - plus it's nice to wake up to breakfast done - and have leftovers for the rest of the week (you can even freeze individual portions)

I love the egg on the thin bun idea, but how do you keep the egg from all sticking to the bowl? Every time I microwave eggs more gets stuck to the bowl than I get out to eat.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I see oatmeal's been mentioned! It truly is the best and you can't go wrong :)
    Another favorite of mine is nutrigrain whole wheat waffles! (toaster kind-eggo)
    Or even whole wheat english muffins!
    Best of luck :)
  • sportsrn1
    sportsrn1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am on the go all day, I like the Almond Milk mixed with EAS Lean 15 protein powder. The EAS has 100 calories, 15g protein, 5 grams of fiber, and only 2 grams of sugar. But, I end up eating like rice cakes and almond butter like 3 hours later only because I am trying to keep my metabolism going. I also like the pure protein bars, because they are high protein and low sugar.......
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    1 piece of toast with a light laughing cow cheese wedge with 2 scrambled eggs on top.

Or if you want something lower calorie, 3-4 egg whites with basil and mozzarella cheese.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    oatmeal all the way.... i have it every morning, practically. nothing keeps me full and satisfied longer than a big bowl of oats, oat bran, chia, and fruit with some added protein from greek yogurt and a Tbsp of PB.

Even a massive egg white omelet loaded with veggies and protein doesn't work the same magic. And my oats are goo-ey, warm, and taste like heaven :blushing:

Good luck!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    oatmeal all the way.... i have it every morning, practically. nothing keeps me full and satisfied longer than a big bowl of oats, oat bran, chia, and fruit with some added protein from greek yogurt and a Tbsp of PB.

Even a massive egg white omelet loaded with veggies and protein doesn't work the same magic. And my oats are goo-ey, warm, and taste like heaven :blushing:

Good luck!
    this girl knows her food. try it out :)