***ZUMBA***

Options
Hey has anyone tried zuma? I absolutly love it (even though i can not seem to get all the moves), but hey its fun. But i was wondering, I currently have a personal trainer 3 days weekly, would it be "too much if i did Zumba 2 days weekly on my days im not training with her? or should i hold off on that?

Replies

• alicia116
    Options
    Hi, I really can't answer your question, but I tried zumba for the first time today....AWESOME! (I can't get most of the moves either!) I was wondering if anyone know how to put the zumba workout in our exercise profile?
  • Alyscarpent
    Options
    I would say go for it! Zumba is a great cardio workout! Just a fun way to really melt calories!
  • Gilreathgirl8
    Options
    no i dont think tht wld be to much...thats only workin out 5 day a week. thats hard to keep up....but if you can. go for it girl
  • chicklidell
    Options
    absolutely do it on your off days..you can do cardio everyday..as far as adding it, I find the best way is under dancing, general seems to be the most accurate.
  • branflake6
    Options
    i would do it, I am doing P90x and zumba, love zumba!
  • rima933
    rima933 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i loveee zumba. I havent done it since i cancelled my membership at goodlife. But i would definately go for it. If you feel as though its too much then you can stop. Consider zumba leisure, not a workout and you wont feel pain.
  • kelpharm
    kelpharm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The closest way to put it in your profile is as aerobic dance. I would suggest to get a heart rate monitor to track you actual burn though. Mst of the time it is higher than MFP.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I say do it if you can, it all adds up to goodness =)
  • malindab33
    malindab33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    you can look up zumba calories burned online and there is a calculator .. for your age and weight I used that and added zumba to my workouts.. just type it in and at the bottom it will ask you to add your exercise and put the calories burned according to your weight good luck =)
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    If you like it, do it. It will be good for your heart, your blood sugar, lungs, bones. Go for it. Just eat your exercise calories back if you're worried about it being too much for weight loss. You can always modify how much effort you're putting in as well by having tighter/looser moves.
  • tlrush75
    tlrush75 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I really can't answer your question, but I tried zumba for the first time today....AWESOME! (I can't get most of the moves either!) I was wondering if anyone know how to put the zumba workout in our exercise profile?

I don't know how to get it into the exercise database but I found a website to calculate the calories burned: www.zumbacalories.com

I tried Zumba last night for the first time and I love it too! A great work out and fun!!!
  • stephiisings
    stephiisings Posts: 22 Member
    Options

I found this website, it kind goes on a general metabolic rate for different weights. I think it's pretty accurate. But a heart rate monitor is always best, since I don't have one this works :)

http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • stephiisings
    stephiisings Posts: 22 Member
    Options

I don't know how to get it into the exercise database but I found a website to calculate the calories burned: www.zumbacalories.com

I tried Zumba last night for the first time and I love it too! A great work out and fun!!!

I just realized that we said the same thing pretty much lol, we were apart by two minutes XD
  • tinapeters12
    Options
    Absolutely love ZUMBA! Been doing it since October and it's my main source of workout. It's great cuz you're working out, but it feels like you went to a dance party! Don't worry, the moves get easier the more you do them :)
  • Slowdancecore
    Options
    I do zumba 3-5 times a week and body pump 2 times a week (only when I only do zumba 3 times). Basically, I do it all the time, lol. I've been going since July and I absolutely love it! Once you get some of the moves down, you can really go 100% and burn up the calories. I use a heart rate monitor and usually burn between 800-1000 calories in that hour class depending on the instructor and the tracks they do. It is really, really good cardio. Before doing zumba, I couldn't even run over a minute without running out of breath. This is the only type of exercise that I did for a few months before being able to run a 5k for the first time in my life!
    Listen to your body and do what you can in class but push yourself and you'll see some changes in no time.

Good luck!
  • ashisgonnaloseit
    ashisgonnaloseit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Zumba is amazing!!!! I used to do it twice a week at my old gym a couple years ago. Unfortunately, I had to leave that gym because I could not afford it anymore. and I miss it so bad.

It is great for burning lots and lots of calories. It also helped me over my plateau back then.

Good luck and hope you like it!
  • Angela_Freeborn
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I think im going to go for it, every bit of excersise helps right. and i absolutly love doing it, its so much fun. :) I will keep you updated