Replies

• lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Very.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    If I need to go for a walk- we go. If I need protein powder- we get it. Now, if I want a brand new home gym- the answer is no but that's only because we can't afford it. I would do the same for him- in a heartbeat.

I have an awesome husband who supports me as much as he is able. No teasing, no hurtful words, no snide comments- because that isn't love.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Pretty supportive. My fiance knows I have a shady past with food, so occasionally he's overly watchful of the amount I eat & stuff, which gets annoying occasionally but eh, he means well. He's trying to gain weight right now, while I'm trying to lose it - makes stuff interesting for sure, haha.
  • shaparra
    shaparra Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    my hubby is like whatever. he thinks its a joke sometimes.:grumble: my kids on the other hand are great. we all plan meals together. they push me to be more active when i'm being lazy (according to them lol work 2 jobs & do have to rest :wink: ) have lost 9 lbs so far this month & son is little less husky. anyways to answer your question lol not always
  • girlholiday
    Options
    Very supportive.

He helps me cook meals, and comes up with new dinner ideas. He's making an effort to eat better too, so it's nice to have him on my side. He always has my back.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    110%

Now she's even tracking calories herself. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I feel like I've passed on a disease to her. :laugh:
  • ksimmn
    ksimmn Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Not!!
  • jhunt90
    Options
    My boyfriend isn't not supportive but he's not exactly supportive, haha. He will encourage me to not give up on my exercising because he knows it's important to me, but when it comes to food he wants me to have whatever I want. Like I've cut out sugar completely recently and whenever I'm craving it he'll want me to have some. So he's supportive with exercising, not so much with food, but not unsupportive, he just wants me to be happy :P
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    My husband is supportive and not so supportive. I believe he's uncomfortable with my losing weight, because he needs to lose a fair amount himself.

So when he cooks, or shops, he makes/buys some healthier options, but then he'll also do things like make scrambled eggs with a ton of butter.

He'll buy donuts on Sundays, and say, "I know you're trying to lose weight, and I shouldn't buy these donuts." So I sometimes eat them, but I just log them. I no longer eat with abandon the way we used to, together.

But, I made some healthy soup over the weekend, so he had some soup to bring to work a couple of times.

I'm dedicated to my own goals and realize that I can achieve them even if he tries to sabotage my efforts (intentionally or not).

Our relationship dynamic will change though, because if I'm able to shed the weight, then my kids and I will be thin, (they already are) and he'll be the only one in the family with weight issues. I worry about him.
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    No I'm married to a thin person, he doesn't understand why I don't eat the double cheese burger with bacon, he loves me but the diet/lifestyle change he's not to thrilled with I have to cook something different for one of us.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    As much as he can be. He's morbidly obese and an on-off dieter with no real motivation. He's also a very fussy eater and only eats meat, white carbs, occasional carrots and total junk, but for the most part he supports me in my choices. He does all the housework so I can find half an hour to exercise in the evening, he does all the cooking and measures out my portions and he'll give up the XBox so I can have some time on Kinect (yes, that IS a huge deal).

His way of life has its impact on me psychologically/mentally, but he's being the best he can be for me and would never be negative about what I do. He also understands that I've been doing this for over a year, that I know what works for me and that if I say I want a pizza I MEAN I want a pizza.
  • StarryOne
    StarryOne Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a naturally very thin (150# at 6'), never exercising, eating and drinking whatever he wants and still being healthy, husband. He honestly doesn't think I need to lose weight, despite being obese, and therefore he is very indifferent to my efforts to lose weight. I think I could lose 75 pounds and I would look exactly the same in his eyes. He's supportive in his non-judgmental love, but not necessarily supportive of my calorie counting and being proud of my pounds lost achievements.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    not ! but accepting....
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Boyfriend (of 8.5 years) not spouse... but not very, he has his days when he wants to eat healthy with me and exercise, but mostly he wants to eat really unhealthy food at really unhealthy restaurants. It really bothers me, because I know if it was him trying to change his eating habits and become healthy, I would support him 100000000% :/
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Supportive. He was standoffish at first, but now he knows I'm in in for the long haul. He has a weight lifting background but he didn't do it right... so, at the moment, he's a bit cantankerous when I show him how I'm learning to lift (Mark Rippetoe style, from Starting Strength). But... he's coming around. I managed to get him to put away the horrid Total Gym. Now we're looking into building me a power rack :)
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Very- he buys my protien shakes, workout clothes, shoes etc... he does eat really bad food infront of me and likes when I indulge with him, but hes awesome and I am very appreciative of his efforts :)
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    VERY! <3

No matter what even when I was chubby he told me how good I looked and never downed me on my looks, but now that I'm losing weight (because of him...he started before me and it motivated me) we watch what we eat together, talk about our food intake/work outs (long distance relationship), and even work out together! He helps me with strength training while I help with his cardio :P
  • Alamano
    Alamano Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Very! :happy:

16780675.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My husband is incredible! He's taken the time learn all about how my compulsive eating effects me and he's been my rock! :D
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm very very lucky, although sometimes I don't show it. My hubs is one of the most supportive people I know. I have been through a lot in the last year or so. We had another baby I gained weight on top of old baby weight. I lost my job, and lost my lust for life and just fell into a dark pit. Instead of being irritated at my sad face and constant nagging because I was unhappy he just sucked it up. He says he just wants me to be happy and a lot of things are changing for me for us and he has a lot to do with that. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be able to stay home with my kids and pursue a career change. awwwww sniff sniff