Couch to 5k Starts Today

Options
Hi everyone! I am starting the Couch to 5k running training schedule. I am wondering if anyone else is doing this? I would love some friends/support along the way.

Thanks!

Wendy

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2! Just started last Tuesday.
  • mskiraann
    mskiraann Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting on Monday. Have you downloaded the App?
  • mammacoty
    mammacoty Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just started it today also! Every week, I plan to work out on M-W-F, and do circuit strength training on the other days, with Sundays off. Didn't know there was an app...
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Week one, day 2 finished today. I'm loving it, so far...
  • lmh117
    lmh117 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I plan on completing W1D1 today. I have attempted C25K a couple of times last year and stopped around week 2 or 3 every time. Hopefully this time will be different!!
  • 1jeaniebeanie
    1jeaniebeanie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 7 Day 2... running 25 mins straight right now on each workout... I still find this amazing for myself... I love the active.com app for this... it is $1.07 with tax... but completely worth it!!!

It is amazing how well this program has helped me to be able to run... yay!!! Loving it!!!
  • soriadarkstar
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm on W4 D3 myself. There's a C25K group here you may want to join for tips and support. :) I use the App on my iPod and LOVE it-- can't imagine trying to time myself without it.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
  • zbmb30
    zbmb30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am going to a meeting this evening at work to start this program. They are going to give us our training plans. April 21st we are going to participate in a race. :)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 here! Loving it!
  • JourneyingEzer
    Options
    awesome! I did it today! :)
  • mskiraann
    mskiraann Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The app is available for ipod/iphone, and Android. It's really neat. It'll tell you when to walk and when to run. I've been playing with it all day.
  • Julienotclever
    Options
    Week 3 day 2 here - loving it but abit nervous about how i will go with the longer runs - will keep at it though :-)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    i actually started it about 2 weeks ago and got a blister on my foot that got bigger and bigger every day. it grew to about the size of a quarter. i just popped it 2 nights ago and im letting it heal. i plan to restart c25k in a day or so. i need a good pair of running shoes :)

what is the app called?
  • dslynn8
    Options
    Just finished week 3. I really hope this helps me run all the way in a 5k this year.
  • ehoward54
    ehoward54 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Week 3, day 3 and I love it!
  • onewithwings
    Options
    This is my third time with C25K. I love the program. I was able to do a 5K upon completion and then went on to a half marathon.

A program that is even better is Jeff Galloway running program. It's an injury free interval running program. There is also an iPhone app for it.

Since I'm not "apple" savvy I have downloaded the Runkeeper app. If you download Runkeeper, add me as one of your street team.

Word from the wise. Go to a running store (not a department store) and get fitted for a good pair of running shoes. Otherwise you can expect blisters and foot injuries.

Happy injury free running!

~OWW~
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    This is my third time with C25K. I love the program. I was able to do a 5K upon completion and then went on to a half marathon.

A program that is even better is Jeff Galloway running program. It's an injury free interval running program. There is also an iPhone app for it.

Since I'm not "apple" savvy I have downloaded the Runkeeper app. If you download Runkeeper, add me as one of your street team.

Happy injury free running!

~OWW~

is there an android app that keeps time? i dont like apple :\
  • onewithwings
    Options
    Runkeepr is available in Google market place. My phone and table are Android.

Runkeeper has tons of cool functions. I use it at the gym as well. I have tried MANY apps and this was the best suited for me.
    It will also allow you to use metric as my friends in Europe are the one's who turned me on to it.

Hope this helps.

~OWW~
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's a good program, I am almost done with week 1. Very effective, as I always try too hard when starting to work out again, end up hurting myself, and quitting. Looking forward to finally running again! Add me if ya wanna support each other :flowerforyou: