Running friends

Options
Hi, I'm looking for running friends trying to shed the hardest-to-lose weight of all - those last 20-30 pounds. I'm a runner myself. Been running for a few years now but can't seem to get rid of those last pesky pounds. I have two big races lined up this year for motivation.

Replies

• ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am down to my last 10lbs and I try to run 1-2ce a week (due to the fact it is usually 30 deg or less) and I ski 3-4 days a week and it is really hard to ski and run at the same time because I like to run mid day and that's when I am skiing- I want warmer the better. hahaha I find that running keeps me on track and is a great workout. I can tell you between running and skiing my legs are like muscle machines... (now to get rid of the tire around my stomach)

I have also signed up for 2 races- a 5k and a Tough Mountain Challenge http://www.sundayriver.com/Events/Main/Summer/Tough_Mountain_Challenge.html
  • predawnrunner
    Options
    Hi!

I am in about the same situation. Running 4 times a week on average. Training for a marathon in April and hopefully another one in September. Feel free to add me.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    There are also several groups on MFP (search for "runners" under the Groups tab) that you may be interested in.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm new to running. I'm trying to lose 5 lbs or so. I just want to lose the mid section. I have a half marathon coming up in March. I also have a 5K in October. I wan to do a few more races before the 5K obstacle course. (Run for your lives).

Feel free to add me.

Jarnard
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have 18 more lbs to lost (lost 21 so far) and am kicking up the running. I am doing a 10k race on 31 March and really want to do it in about an hour or so (my last 10k 2 years ago was an hour and 18 mins - lots of walking breaks).

I am finding it hard to run right now because it is dark and cold, so I either need to man up or start going to the gym and using the treadmill. I am doing a lot of other exercise (cycling, bootcamp, yoga, weights at the gym), just need a bit of motivation for running in this weather!

So feel free to add me.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hey. Feel free to add me. Could always do with more running friends
  • Sillylolly
    Options
    Hi there, I run 2/3 times a week. I'm quite new to running, been doing it since November. I've got my first half marathon in march. Feel free to add me.
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I try to get out and run at least 3 times a week rain or shine don't reall like the treadmill kinda boring. I try to keep things positive and post some off the wall stuff, but hey let's have some fun. So if you want to add me to your list feel free ane enjoy the open road I do!
  • jmvh59
    jmvh59 Posts: 97
    Options
    I try to run 5 days a week (usually ends up being 3-4) to tire the dogs out before my wife and I go off to work. They have the run of the house for about 10 hours before we get home, so there tends to be less damage if they have gotten some exercise. I usually run anywhere from 2.0 to 4.5 miles.
  • 416runner
    Options
    I run four, sometimes five, times per week. I'll be running my second Half this Spring and then I'll decide whether to do the Half again in the Fall or take on the Full. Right now I'm running about 30-35km per week. Feel free to add me, I'm always happy to make friends with runners!
  • mtnultra
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thank you all for responding! You know, over the past two three years I've wanted to lose weight but apparently not badly enough (because I still got it all). It doesn't matter if I run 0 miles per week or 25 miles per week, I can never seem to budge it more than a few pounds and that's probably water weight.

I think I really need to attack this on the food front rather than try to just exercise my *kitten* off and hope that works. Problem is, I freakin' LOVE food! Especially GOOD FOOD that I make for myself! (like I'm the only one with the "love food" problem) ;)