What is the best compliment you can give someone?

Options
2»

Replies

• myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    her swallowing lol

sorry couldnt resist:laugh:

Lol - that is brilliant.

The greatest compliment I have been given is to be called a good man. Being a man is the very core of my being (blindingly obvious given I am not a woman eh?) To me being called a good man encapsulates being strong, loyal, calm in the face of adversity, resolute against life's challenges, to keep my head even if the world is crumbling around me, purposeful, driven and to bring love, joy and laughter to those I care about.

Respect me, respect my manhood! Errrrr, wait...
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    ahh
    beautiful, smart and well behaved kids

THAT is the best
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    "you are the only person here who i do not want to punch in the neck. ... even if they paid me."

WOAH, serious business compliment. :)

when he added the "even if they paid me" i knew why we were friends. i'll still totally trip him during the zombie apoc, but the love is there.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The way my husband described me to his friends when we first met, "She's perfect for me. I'm talkin' made-in-the-garage-like-Weird-Science perfect!" :blushing:

Genuinely laughing at my jokes is nice, too. I'd much rather be complimented on my personality, sense of humor or intelligence than on my looks.

I freaking love that!
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    I'd much rather be complimented on my personality, sense of humor or intelligence than on my looks.

This^^
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Well, the best compliment I ever heard given is when my 3 yr old daughter said she wanted to be my sister (Lydia) when she grows up. :smile:
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    You always make me smile, whenever I see you:flowerforyou:
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    my single girlfriend said she'd met a guy who she wanted my hubby and I to meet....cos she thought we'd like him. She actually said she'd like her new partner to be...like us. that was sweet.
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    My 18 year old son looked at me and told me " Thank you for being the best mother you ever could " and carried on to say thank you for enduring the 9 mths of preg .. 30 hours labour .. 18 yrs hell .... Lol ... Thank you for being my Mum :)

This was part of his speech at his 18th bday party ... But anyway ... It was the best feeling .. I balled my eyes out lol
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My 18 year old son looked at me and told me " Thank you for being the best mother you ever could " and carried on to say thank you for enduring the 9 mths of preg .. 30 hours labour .. 18 yrs hell .... Lol ... Thank you for being my Mum :)

This was part of his speech at his 18th bday party ... But anyway ... It was the best feeling .. I balled my eyes out lol

cant beat that
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    Someone special to me told me that I was beautiful........<3
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    all charges have been dropped.

:wink:
  • dancinonwater22
    dancinonwater22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think the best compliment is the truly heartfelt, genuine one that might sound a little funny or whatever, but that's only because there aren't words to explain their feelings. Also, a genuine, you are a beautiful person (meaning inside and out) can really go a long way!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    To never quit is to win. You'll always end up being a winner.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ImaLadyBiker
    Options
    My husband and I were high school sweethearts. We didn't wind up together until after our 25th high school reunion. He told someone, "I can't help it. I fell in love with her 25 years ago and I never fell out." I married him.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I told my special someone (not yet my boyfriend but we already professed our love for each other) that "I love you & I don't care what everyone says about your looks because for me you're not only handsome but the most precious man that God has given me".
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    And the one I receive is "It doesn't matter the bad things you did in the past, your weight, looks and everything, I love you for who you are"