Advice - Am i Eating enough?

Options
Hi, I'm hoping that you could offer me some advice. I am allocated 1750 calories per day to lose 1 1/2 lbs per week. Recently i have been limiting myself to 1500 calories and burn about 1000 calories 3 times a week at the gym and i also walk 30 mins x2 per week day (but don't count these). I lost 10lbs in the first week and then 1lb in 2nd week, 2lbs in 3 rd week then 4th week i put 3 on? I was ill that week so putting it down to that and then this week didnt lose anything.

Was just wondering if you think i'm not eating enough and thats why i put on and not lost anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am 5ft8 and weigh 276 currently.

Thanks
Katrina

Replies

• sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Are you eating the cals back that you burn?
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You might want to open up your diary so we can see what you eat.

Also do you eat your exersize calories?
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm hoping that you could offer me some advice. I am allocated 1750 calories per day to lose 1 1/2 lbs per week. Recently i have been limiting myself to 1500 calories and burn about 1000 calories 3 times a week at the gym and i also walk 30 mins x2 per week day (but don't count these). I lost 10lbs in the first week and then 1lb in 2nd week, 2lbs in 3 rd week then 4th week i put 3 on? I was ill that week so putting it down to that and then this week didnt lose anything.

Was just wondering if you think i'm not eating enough and thats why i put on and not lost anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Katrina
    message heybales...he can help u out
  • kgorshkov99
    kgorshkov99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nope i don't usually eat my exercise calories.
  • kgorshkov99
    kgorshkov99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Food diary now public.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Thanks
    Katrina
    What is your RMR. If you're consuming 1500 calories a day, that would be 1500 x 7 = 10500. That is your total calorie intake for the week. Now, you're burning 3000 calories a week in exercise 3000 - 10500 = 7500 calories for body functions. 7500 / 7= 1071 a day. You're under eating.
  • MissMalinSara
    Options
    You are eating enough... sort of.. maybe could do with eating more FRESH foods - less of the artifical processed stuff like weight watchers.. too much sugar and additives and preservatives.

Have more greens and cook from scratch if you can :)
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Follow what MFP tells you. You are set up to lose 1.5lb a week without exercise. When you exercise, you get more calories to eat. Where it says "kgorshkov99's Daily Goal" – eat that.
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

I think you should read these links. I looked and you haven't eaten all of your calories at all for the last week. Your goal some days was over 2000 and you left 1000 on some days.

When you set up mfp...it already made the deficit for you. Are you set to lose 1 or 2 pounds per week? If it's 2 pounds, there is already a deficit for you to lose that...before you even exercise. So, your deficit in the last week has been more than double what it's supposed to be.

I am 5'3 122 pounds and trying to lose the last 7 pounds. I wasn't eating all of my calories...just because it's hard to see that number 0 out at the end of the day...we always assume that a bigger deficit is better...it's just not true. I was leaving a bid deficit, like you and on Monday I started raising my food so that my entire deficit is just about 300 calorie per day...I've lost 2 pounds since then. I have much less to lose than you, so you need a bigger deficit, but they have done that for you....

You should set mfp to lose 1.5 to 2 pounds per week, put you food and exercise in an dyour net should be close to zero everyday!!!
  • MerryNicole
    Options
    too much processed stuff... your carb/protein ratio is to heavy on the carb side... are you drinking your water? take your weight and divide by 1/2 - that's how many ounces/day you should be drinking... spread throughout the day... add some healthy snacks - if you need crunch, have some salad ( you can even eat it right out of the bag like chips - I won't tell!) Need some sweets, have some fruit/yogurt...
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options