hi everyone

Options
Hi all.
Hope everyone has gotten off to a good start. its morning here on west coast of ireland.
anyone got any good tips as to how get the best out of this site? the calorie counter is great.:smile:

Replies

• jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP!

I'm new here too so I'm on the hunt for good tips and whatnot. So far I'm finding just keeping track of what I'm eating and what exercise I'm doing is a big help.

Good luck!
  • dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome, the one tip I can give you is to make friends on here and build up a good support system. I have found that to be the easiest part of this journey. Everyone is so supportive on here. Feel free to add me.
  • jedw31
    jedw31 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The database is also a very good tool, though some of them need checking before adding to your diary. Feel free to add me , I'm in South Wales. :)
  • fionamac15
    Options
    :heart:

hi not been using it long myself, i also use the calorie counter and exercise part of it , but what i find helps is having a few friends on this to help each other and to use ur blog, even if its only ramblings but i find that it gets out my system what i feel and makes u feel better to keep on the right track,

also with a few pals u dont get swamped and it helps to notice when u have a bad or good day there are others in the same boat as u and ur not alone....

and HELLO....im in the southwest of scotland to just across the water from you........

add me if you wish......:happy:
  • suzannba
    Options
    Hi there,
    I joined a few months ago but never did use it. I am back and determined to make a fresh AND strong start! I am in New Brunswick, Canada and it is cold and clear here!

A cheery good morning to all of you, my new friends!

Sue
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! My advice would be to log everything, every day... add some friends if you want and read the community blogs and success stories.. it'll help to keep you motivated. There is a lot of good and sometimes not so good (true) information on here, so keep an open mind and best of luck to you on your journey! I am a long ways away in New England. :flowerforyou:
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    Hi, nother newb I'm Jeni and live in the South of UK, just joined on Monday, finding it really brilliant and just the job for me as it's not restrictive like a traditional diet club :-)
  • hellyfant
    Options
    Hi

I am starting again today, I have 2 stone to lose, and I need all the help I can get, i live in portsmouth
    I love Galway, my Mum was from Cork:happy:
    Helen
  • Tapy1000
    Options
    Hi all, just joined, my lovely daughter in law to be told me about this site, although she uses it on her phone (that's too techy for me). She marries my son in April and I have the dress - just not the figure to fit it - got a few weeks to go - so here I am.

I like this type of calorie counter as it keeps me on the straight and narrow. Often very surprised about the number of calories in the food I eat. I consider myself quite a reasonable eater anyway - vegetarian and not a snacker. However a thyroid problem has piled on 3 stone so I have to take it off!

I look forward t meeting some friends here and hope I give as much support as I hope to have.

Thank you
    Lynz
  • hellyfant
    Options
    Hi

I have to lose 2 stone, how are you doing.
    helen from Portsmouth:bigsmile: