Help..need some mild food ideas for upset stomach

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Hey you's guys!!

I had a 24 hour stomach bug yesterday with upset stomach and fever. It was way worse yesterday but I managed to get in 1000 calories anyway..with little bits here and there. It felt better to have SOMETHING in my stomach than it to be empty. Weird! I did get to the gym in the morning and managed to work off almost 700 calories too (before I really started to feel bad). So I did not get a whole lot of calories in the end.

Anyway, today is better but my appetite is still not great. I have eaten 423 calories so far and am trying to get more in but the idea of a lot of food repulses me right now.

What would you do if you were me???

Thanks!
Tam

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey you's guys!!

I had a 24 hour stomach bug yesterday with upset stomach and fever. It was way worse yesterday but I managed to get in 1000 calories anyway..with little bits here and there. It felt better to have SOMETHING in my stomach than it to be empty. Weird! I did get to the gym in the morning and managed to work off almost 700 calories too (before I really started to feel bad). So I did not get a whole lot of calories in the end.

Anyway, today is better but my appetite is still not great. I have eaten 423 calories so far and am trying to get more in but the idea of a lot of food repulses me right now.

Thanks!
    Tam
  • lifesaver
    lifesaver Posts: 132
    Options
    I like soda crackers when I'm sick! And maybe veggies and fruit?
  • wendyjcliff
    Options
    no dairy at all
    plain rice and dry toast is good
    I always like toast with jam
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hope you get to feeling better :flowerforyou: Saltine cackers, jello, 7up, chicken noodle soup, plenty of rest:yawn:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I agree..real jello (not sugar free..which I'm addicted to:), pudding, soup, and saltenes. Feel better!
  • crystalicfusion
    Options
    my stomach was upset yesterday too. I always crave plain lettuce when I'm sick, so I had that and plain air poped popcorn and some oatmeal. Well those are the things that stayed down easily anyways.

Hope you feel better soon:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kammie18
    kammie18 Posts: 10
    Options
    Gatorade, jello, soup and plain toast (or crackers). You could also try to warm up some 7up or Sprite and drink that too.

Other ideas, ramen...or plain noodles.

Feel better soon!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    jello and progresso soups......
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    When I'm just starting back on food, nothing works better than oyster crackers. So tiny and salty..I take one at a time until I am sure I will keep them down. Then any type of bland food to get back on track - rice is good, as well as plain cereals (corn flakes, rice krispies, etc).

Hope you are feeling better soon.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot, most important of all. Lots and lots of clear fluid. Chances are you are dehydrated from the bug and the fever. I find slightly flat ginger ale (pour in cup stir and let sit for a little while) works best. If even water is hard to keep down, try letting ice chips melt on your tougue. It is just enough to get some water in your system, but not enough to register as weight in your stomach.

I love using old mom's remedies.. Good luck.
  • fabflo72
    fabflo72 Posts: 29
    Options
    One thing that always works for my ulcers is soup broth,Mr Noodle broth with no noodles is what I usually have with lotsa water ,and dairyland chocolate milk to coat my stomach.(works for me)
    One time I was deathly ill and tried my daughters Pediatric to restore hydration,it woked enough to restore my appitite for solid foods
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Try making some sweet basil tea. I know it sounds odd but it does help. Secondly I would choose a light soup. Hope you get to feeling better.
    :flowerforyou:
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options
    Hey you's guys!!

Thanks!
    Tam

If I were you I would take it easy with the food til your stomach says ok. You feel repulsed for a reason. You're not going to harm your weight loss by not getting enough calories the day after a stomach bug. You should be more concentrating on fluid intake rather than food.

Hope you feel better soon
    Take care
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    You should be on the BRAT diet :laugh:
    That's Bananas, rice, applesauce and toast (dry or with a bit of jam, but NO butter/margarine)

It's what my doc always says after a bout with stomache flu. Feel good soon!