does anyone have any advice about meal replacement bars?

Options
are they good or bad for you?should I start using them? If i should, any brand in particular?

Replies

• anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    They never worked for me, personally - I never felt full. My advice is to stick with natural "whole" foods. It may take a little more planning and prep time, but in the long run, you'll be healthier for it. Besides, meal replacements are not conducive a sustainable lifestyle change. Just my 2 cents...:flowerforyou:
  • YourCatalyst429
    YourCatalyst429 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Eatting real food is ALWAYS better then processed food which is all meal replacement bars are! If you want to do yourself a fair dodge the corn syrup and when in a rush grab a slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and banana...pack with protein low in calories *as long as you go easy on the peanut butter* and soooo yummy!:flowerforyou:
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    It's always better to eat real food and personally I feel that the meal replacement bars can leave you feeling bloated and gassy unless you drink alot of water. That being said, I often keep them at work since I never know what my schedule will allow for lunch and they keep me from eating cookies and junk. I personally like the Kashi Go Lean, but it's still not as satisfiying as a real meal or as healthy.
  • babydraco269
    Options
    wow, thanks guys! especially the peanut butter toast! I thought that was going to be off limits, i'm glad it's not!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    they feel like snacks, I'm always hungry afterwards! Plus there's probably way more chemicals and preservables, etc than a regular meal
  • YourCatalyst429
    YourCatalyst429 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    One important thing to keep in mind about weight loss is that you can eat anything you want you just need to realize if you eat peanut butter toast you should probably have salad for dinner or fish....something low calorie. Basically just like this site is for make sure you stay within your calorie limit.:flowerforyou: