Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How MFP recalculates caloric intake

I just put my new weight and I received a pop up saying I have lost 10 and should recalculate my caloric goal. After accepting they dropped my total by 50. I am less the. 10 lbs from my goal, I would have thought I may get a few more to eat not less! Can anyone explain why this is?

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,247 Member
    I just put my new weight and I received a pop up saying I have lost 10 and should recalculate my caloric goal. After accepting they dropped my total by 50. I am less the. 10 lbs from my goal, I would have thought I may get a few more to eat not less! Can anyone explain why this is?

Why did you think you would get more to eat?
  • Check a BMR calculator - the less you weight the lower your BMR all else being equal. Also you will burn less calories for cardio. If you have not adjusted how much weight you want to lose on a weekly basis - the lower the calories.