Breakfast suggestions for 1 and/or on the go?

Options
2»

Replies

• amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Saved :D definitely trying the overnight oats!!!
  • MrsWife2011
    MrsWife2011 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Week days-
    One packet instant oat meal, banana, coffee with vanilla creamer (not a good breakfast eater, most days I forget)

Weekends-
    4 Eggs, fruit and toast (usually for brunch)
  • MrsWife2011
    MrsWife2011 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love the steel cut oats. I make a batch in the slow cooker with apples, little brown sugar & cinnamon. Makes the house smell delicious. It keeps in the fridge then i bring a bowl in to work in the morning. One batch will last me all week.

This week i made the spice muffins that someone posted on here. They are 94 calories a muffin so i have been bringing in 2 muffins with a hard boiled egg and coffee.

If i am home, i make scrambled eggs with 1 egg and 2 egg whites and a little bit of cheese. I like to wrap in a tortilla and eat it that way.

Do you have the recipe for the steel cut oats? Or do you just eyeball it, how long in the slow cooker. Love this idea by they way.
  • sassyt1206
    Options
    bran flakes, milk and banana
    blueberry waffles with peanut butter
    breafast burrito (whole wheat tortilla, eggs,cheese,green onion,salsa)
    lender's whole wheat bagel thin and laughing cow cheese wedge
    smoothie
    oatmeal with banana and peanut and flax seed
    amy's tofu scrambles breakfast burrito
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    I have been taking a couple of slices of turkey and a couple of slices of cheese and rolling them up together and eating them! I am not a huge breakfast person, but this is quick and easy.

i do this some times!!!:bigsmile:
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    Sleep in!
    Skip breakfast!
    Intermittent Fast!

The only way to fly!

i like the way u think!!! :bigsmile:
  • itbemekm
    Options
    1 c. unsweetened silk almond milk
    1/2 c. frozen blueberries (i add more fruit)
    1/2 c. frozen raspberries
    1-2 cups spinach
    1 scoop protein powder

I blend the spinach and the protein powder real good, and then add the berries... keeps me full for hours
  • Angela_Freeborn
    Options
    I am fairly new to this healthy eating however i have tried 1 egg, with 1/2 cup of egg white, 3 tablespoons of skim milk and cut up some spinach and beat it all together makes a great meal, fills me up and of course 3 cups of water. I love it :)
  • Codi130
    Options
    Mix together the following:
    6 eggs
    2 cups of whatever type of veggie you like with eggs (I usually go with frozen broccoli, fresh mushrooms, and cilantro)
    1/2 cup salsa
    dash of salt and pepper

Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and divide the egg mixture into 10 of the muffin spaces. Bake at 350 until firm.
    Top with 1/4 cup of reduced fat cheese.

A serving is two of the egg muffins and they are about 130 calories (depending on the veggies you use) per serving. I bake these on Sunday night and pack them in individual containers so I can just grab one when I'm heading out the door.