Ahh! It's so difficult!

I honestly have such a huge passion for food! I'm not exactly into that much, you know, nothing exotic or anything but I love to eat. My weaknesses are eggs, bread, butter, cheese, chocolate, crisps, pasta, pizza & potatoes. My diet basically consists of those types of foods. I'm a sucker for a fried egg sandwich and I'm finding this incredibly difficult. I just can't look at salad or fruit and feel an urge for it. It just seems too boring for me.
Nevertheless, I'm going to give this another go. I say 'another' because I tried about a month ago..... and about a year before that and I got absolutely nowhere. Yesterday I looked down and realised I couldn't see my feet unless I sucked my tummy in and that kind of made me realise that this has got way too far.
I'm not going to lie - I will need a hell of a lot of encouragement so ladies & gents, add me up and let's push each other to reach our goals! xo

Replies

• OH the cravings are TOUGH! I quit smoking cold turkey 76 days ago and started a major diet plan 18 days ago and my willpower and motivation are freaking my husband out. I sent a friend request, I have been figuring out all kinds of tricks for those cravings of the things we love....Hang in there sister, use your little one as motivation if you have to, it sure helps me!
  • yes it is sooooo difficult... I too have been on this diet plan for a month or so now and have onle lost 2ilbs...and on top of that I too have just quit smoking, I am on day2 of No smoking...uuugghhhh... but I am determined to lose weight and not smoke
  • First off, i think you look great, and i'm sure you're going to do fine. The good news is, you have many people here who suport you and can't wait cheer you on. I jsut started my self not to long ago and i can honestly say that this time its different. if you have any friends that are doing this with you its really cool if you make it a compitition. that's whats working for me, but i'm a guy and we need some sort of bet in order do anything.. :). taking that 1 st step into something different is never easy and when we live in times that we need instatnt gratifacation, makes that much harder. but if you set small goals through out the week, that might give you an incenative to give yourself a little fried egg treat :):). run 3 days a week and lose 100 cal each run, or jog a mile within 15 min or something doable and simple now, and then gradually start cranking it up...... this helps me every morning before a work out...

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!" ROCKY BALBOA
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    You don't have to only eat salad and fruit to be successful