Constipation remedy suggestion

Options
MOS3
MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
I was feeling bloated and constipated, despite the fact that I had sufficient, fibre, water, excercise, sleep etc. So I did some research and identified that fats/oils are essential for good digestional transit. Looking at my food diary it was very obvious that my daily fat was always way below the recommended.

As such I have increased the fat, added one capsule of fish oil daily and take two to three tea spoons full of flaxseed on my cereal in the morning. And hey presto!! a very happy and regular digestive sysem. No bloating or urgency to go to toilet etc. And it hasn't affected weight loss.

Obviously this may not work for everyone - but to be honest I had never made the connection with fats/oils before, so if this can be of help to anyone else, then that's good.

BTW the fish oil and flaxseed are high in Omega 3, so have additional health benefits too.

Replies

• HappyHeart1993
    HappyHeart1993 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Don't forget, your brain needs "some" fat, as well. Just further proof, IMHO, that being TOO skinny makes you stupid! lol
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Three things that always work for me eventually:
    Extra Water
    Extra Fiber
    Magnesium

When all else fails, traditional medicinals makes a "smooth move" tea that really does the job.